1,004 results
All reviews jansom bay elvis bar starlight restaurant private beach tropical fish beach bar walk into town an upgrade mae haad outdoor shower steep hill mosquito net recommend this resort sairee beach stayed longer an amazing view jungle
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Four of us went in July. My wife, my 17 year old girl, my 12 year old son, and my self. My wife and I are both 36. When I read these reviews I must say somethings are valid complaints and some things are can't be helped. For an example and this is not the case with Charm Charee you can't fault a resort like this built into the mountain and the tress for having mosquitoes or bugs. You could fault them for having dirty linens though!!!

Ok so here's the review. The pros and the cons. When you pull into Koa Tao you'll pull into a beach. This beach is where most of the hotels are because it's where are the restaurants and shops are. It's a busy beach. Bars and people. That being said I just don't know who desires that when you are coming to a place like Koa Tao. This isn't Koh Panphagne or Koh Samui!!! Different island different feel. With that being said Charm Charee is a good 10 min walk to this beach and to the bars, restaurants, and shops. (Including 7-11) Depending on where your room is its a borderline hike and more like 15-20 min. Your going to be ok with this because you don't want to stay on the beach. You'll agree with me the moment you pull in on the ferry. Too many boats!!! Even if you got a place down the beach a bit this is not the beach to snorkel at. Ok so Charm Charee is located on the mountain and in the trees. Lots of steps!!! Tons of steps and lots of inclines and declines. My wife has bad knees. This wasn't the greatest for her. If walking or steps is an issue Koh Tao isn't the greatest island for you in the first place. Unless of course your going to stay on that one beach that you pull in on. If that's the case your missing Koh Tao.

OUR ROOM: Funky and cool!!! Built right into the mountain!!! Also kind of cheesy and outdated. Huge though!!! Outside of our room we had our own private lounge chairs, sitting area, gazebo, and raised bar!!! All separate areas. Had a urinal, toilet, and budai (not sure how to spell that) in one room, a bath tub and sink in another room, and our bed in another room. AC was directly over our heads so we got cold but we managed. Just had to shut it off. Mosquito net was good. Came across a roach one night. Im gunna have to go ahead and say this can happen almost anywhere so can't fault the place. Keep your doors closed, bring raid, and spray your door entrances where ever you stay. The view trumps the roach and the outdated rooms!!! The view was awesome. Get a room that is down by the beach and has a ocean view. This way you are quick to the beach bar, the restaurant, and the beach itself. Snorkeling is a must and is a factor for why you'll stay here. They provide gear at no additional cost. It's awesome!!! Really great snorkelling!!! Their are two (maybe 3) restaurants on site and even another beach that we didn't go to. I was told it's beautiful. There is NO swimming pool! I was mislead into thinking there was. There are photos of some but this is only from rooms that have private pools. Really expensive!!! Could be worth to you but I really don't think so. Staff was friendly. Cold towels presented when we were close to the lobby one day. They saw we were hot. Welcome drinks when we arrived. The owner met us when we left. He was very thankful for our business. Got pictures with us and interacted with us. If the view, size of your room, privacy, and snorkeling are important Charm Charee is going to do it for you. You'll be happy here. If updated fit and finish and not so many steps and inclines is what you desire Charm Charee not so much. As far as the staff went they were friendly and helpful. There are lots of them! Hope this helps!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank LUV2TKOF
Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

Overall this resort was great. It was beautiful with well maintained grounds, nice rooms, friendly staff and private beaches. My husband and I even got an upgrade from the deluxe room to the bamboo beach hut which had steps from our hut to a private cove with good snorkeling.
The place is very relaxing.
The drawbacks:
-this place was a leg work-out! The resort is on steep hills. From our room to the restaurant took about 10 minutes to hike up and down very steep terrain.
-If you want to go to town, plan to either do lots of walking, rent from sketchy motorbike people, or pay high taxi fees (300 baht for a 3km drive & they charge you 500 to get back at night). One night we decided to walk back along the beach from the Lotus bar and it took us an hour with lots of hills.
-We did not really enjoy the food. We gave it a few chances but it was expensive for the quality and found there was much better food in town for better price. Beware that if you order juice they will probably put yogurt in it.
I would recommend this place to active people looking to relax in a beautiful place :)

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChelseaSantaCruz
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

Amazing place to stay. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer! This hotel is nothing like your average hotel as the rooms are wooden and jungle themed. Access to private beach with some of the best snorkelling we did in Thailand. Boats and snorkels are available to rent for free. Beach bar is also fantastic, offering a wide range of beverages and food - the pad Thai is amazing and costs around £1.50!! Only down point was here was lots of steep hills. However fantastic stay - loved it!!

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

There were a lot of things I liked about this hotel.
Firstly they picked us up from the ferry and dropped us back when we left. Being a party of 8 this was very helpful. In fact because we were catching the 6.30 ferry on our departure they made us all a sandwich. The staff were very helpful and considerate, checkin and checkout were very smooth. We even met the owner and had our photos taken with him. The first of our four nights at the hotel we ate at the restaurant. After having to wait for a table, we had a lovely meal. The restaurant is surrounded by the sea on three sides and on that evening the waves were crashing around us. The food was actually the best we had on koh Tao, even though we persisted on trying other restaurants, only to be very disappointed. I had the ribs which was big, the meat falling off the bone, delicious, the sauce a bit overpowering. My wife had the tamarind prawns which she said were perfect.
Having its own private beach is a real bonus, you don't have to go anywhere else, the beach is lovely for swimming and snorkeling, with loungers free for use. Also you can borrow good snorkel gear and life jackets here for no charge. We did this every day and used it at the various beaches we tried. We walked on to the next beach, about 25 minutes, but my wife found the walk a bit isolated, and when we got to the beach it wasn't that special, and there were boats pulling in and out all the time. But I thought worth the walk.
Our rooms were very spacious, we had booked 4 eco rooms (the cheapest), which were evidently upgraded on our arrival. The bed was two singles pushed together, which I don't like. We heard noise in the ceiling two nights, which was probably one of the squirrels we saw. My son and his partner thought the squirrel was actually in their room on the last night, making it very difficult to sleep. My friends also heard a bell being rung on the hour every hour during the night. We were next to reception, this was some sort of security measure. Needless to say they didn't sleep well. When mentioned to the owner, this stopped for the last night. I am a bit deaf and actually slept well and liked the spacious and quirky rooms.
Be aware that it's a big complex, and does involve walking, some of it quite steep.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2016

It was a lovely two nights spent at Charm Churee Villa in Koh Tao. Private beach was the best. The staff were so friendly. It was just a pity about the litter in the water when snorkeling there by the private beach. Was great to watch the sunsets in the afternoon. I would recommend this place

Date of stay: August 2015