Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews guest house air con scenic location view of the river canoe guesthouse temple boats reservoir pier toilet scooter bargain offerings forest
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the P Guesthouse. We rented a room with AC and our own bathroom which seems to be the best option for people used to those sort of accomodations in a room. The room had a fantastic view of the lake and was a good size for the 2 of us. It's a very simple room but we didn't spend too much time in it so it did the job. We stayed in various areas of Thailand and agree with other reviews that the staff isn't the most friendly - which is odd because every other hotel we stayed at the staff was exceptionally nice. However, we didn't interact with the staff much so it didn't bother us. We didn't eat at the hotel either - there are many options nearby that were cheaper. The coffee shop across the street has better coffee than the hotel too.

The best thing about the hotel is their half day tour. It was a highlight of our trip. You take a boat across the river and then trek through a terrain on an elephant, have lunch, small hike through more terrain and then raft down a river on bamboo rafts. The views were amazing and it was just an overall, fun excursion. Highly suggest taking the tour if you stay at the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank VC2010
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Huge rooms, fan and A/C, a view to die for, dinners are delicious - what more can I say. Staff helpful with carrying my luggage. Wonderful, unique stonework throughout and a jetty that lends itself nicely to soaking your feet and enjoying a drink or two.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank paminpabmec
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Sadly I am giving P GH a "poor" rating because of the overpriced food, lazy staff, dirty restrooms/showers, and the final killer- charging me for a roll of toilet paper. On the plus side the view of the lake is great and the guesthouse does have really good fast wifi. I was staying in the cheaper fan only rooms.

I first stayed at P Guesthouse in 2007 for several weeks when I was a volunteer in the area. At the time was half the size, food was cheap and good (was fun to see what the daily mix was), and did not charge for a roll of toilet paper. Still had to bring your own towel then too. Now the place has doubled in size and it is obvious the owners have raised prices and charge for everything to pay for the building or just because.

*Food – almost all items on menu start at 100bt+ even for Thai food – except for BKK this is the most expensive I have encountered (comparing Chiang Mai and Kanchanaburi). And the food is not exceptional. Grab a beer on the veranda and enjoy the view but eat somewhere else.

*Lazy Staff – In 2007 I thought it was cute to see the staff sitting all day long in front of the TV watching soap operas. Today I am pissed off as the common areas on my floor (in the fan rooms) are dirty and hard to get service for anything. Staff sit right down in the dining area watching local tv all day long. If you have a TV is should be on something the guests want like local nature show or even CNN. Also staff take long time to take orders for food.

* Cleanness. In the 2 days I was in the 250bt a night rooms the bathrooms/toilets were never cleaned as far as I can tell. And of course no toilet paper provided to guests must buy from reception or bring your own. In 20+ years of travel I have never had to buy a roll of tp in my guesthouse/hotel. Nickel and dime! Bathrooms / squaty toilets in my opinion need to be completely redone to fix leaky fixtures, ugly doors, drains, and old locks.

Good. My room was basic but clean. Wifi worked there. Password clearly posted. Grounds down to the water look nicely kept.

One thing that guesthouse cannot fix is the incredible noise pollution given off by the long tail boats on the lake. Starting around 6am very loud noise from the lake as the boats start running and go almost all day long. So if you want to sleep late get ear plugs or stay elsewhere further inland.

Sad to say I can’t recommend this place. The town is changing and growing so many more choices for tourist to make than in 2007. Recommendation, try a place with better service that wont nickel and dime you to death. I am not the first reviewer to say this in the past several months.

Choose another place or pay the price.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
8  Thank walkabout68
Reviewed October 22, 2012

P Guesthouse was a much needed break for us. It boasts a beautiful view but the owners know this. The food is over priced for what you get and the customer service needs a little work. We could only afford the rooms with a shared bathroom so this altered our experience too. They do offer canoes, bicycles and motorbikes for hire and also run trek tours which we still may do as we're still in the area. All in all, a quiet relaxing spot, but I recommend you eat elsewhere. There's lots of choice.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike_auger
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We initially went to this guesthouse becuase of all the great recommendations, but ended up staying elsewhere because... the staff were not friendly, there was an atmosphere of putting on a show for guests (i.e. porter with painted face) without really caring about them.
The rooms seemed nice enough, but on better inspection they were very dark and musty smelling and the windows either did not open or there was no mosquito screen so that you could not effectively air the room.
The restaurant seems more expensive than warranted at a gueshouse, and the location although it has a fantastic view, is quite far from the Mon bridge so that if you do not have your own wheels you depend on transport or walk quite a distance.

Date of stay: September 2012