I stayed 3 nights with my family in room5 there.The place is quite beautiful,but do not try to compare it with Maldive or even pompom island nearby,or you'll get very disappointed.
1.My family got to Tawau airport at about 11:00 on 13th March,found nobody came to pick us up.We met a staff of mabul bornear resort who helped us to call the kapalai's staff there.HE checked my name and pointed to it on the paper in his hand,I said yes,that's my name,and think things would be easy then. But to my disappointment ,he called somebody else ,and told me to go by taxi myself.I was shocked ,I have paid all the money.And i have never been treated like that.The staff just left us there,so i had to take taxi to semporna.
2.IN the morning,at about 8:00am,the staff knocked at the door to wake us up to tidy up the room.
3.If you go there,you will find there are so many people,and the staff are not so friendly and it's like a big dining room.All of this make it difficult for you to feel at ease.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few minutes by boat from the islands of Sipadan and Mabul but a full world away from it lays the exhilarating Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort, sitting on its sturdy stilts on the shallow sandbanks of Ligitan Reefs. Planned and built in full style as an airy, comfortable, sunny water village with no land in sight, it boasts a mile-long sandbank of powdery white sand where one can suntan at complete leisure while gazing out to the miles of brilliant turquoise stretching into the horizon offering the purest image of natural serenity. Dive spots Sipadan and Mabul can be reached in just a few minutes by speedboat. Sipadan-Kapalai is an ideal destination for diver and non-diver alike seeking a great holiday experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Hotel Pulau Sipadan
- Sipadan Kapalai Island Hotel
- Hotel Sipadan Kapalai Island