I will start with the positive first apart from the scenery I wouldn't visit this resort anymore .
It was too pricey for the service provided to the 10 of us for our 3 night 4 day stay.The waste paper baskets in the rooms were not emptied nor the room swept .
The food was horrid ,the breakfast spread was the same everyday ,sugar bread , coconut and other cheap spreads , mee goreng and Maggie goreng !!!! What ? It's so unhealthy , where's the fresh fruits , tarts , sandwiches ? .
Lunch and dinner was akin too a race the fastest gets the food ! As there were no refills . During our time there was a huge influx of China tourist they were rude, loud , and inconsiderate as they even took the trays from the buffet table and set it on their table ! The resort staff did nothing ! To make matters worse they couldn't understand us as they kept saying they were from Philippines .
The dive staff were disinterested , not patient and was in hurry for the sessions to be over and they kept staring at us for God knows what ! I told them 3 times that a huge group of jellyfish was coming at us , he just ignored me and said its fine till my friends stated yelping after the stinging frenzy ...he rolled his eyes and said ' ok let's take a break '
Sorry it is not a 5 star resort !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few minutes by boat from the islands of Sipadan and Mabul but a full world away from it lays the exhilarating Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort, sitting on its sturdy stilts on the shallow sandbanks of Ligitan Reefs. Planned and built in full style as an airy, comfortable, sunny water village with no land in sight, it boasts a mile-long sandbank of powdery white sand where one can suntan at complete leisure while gazing out to the miles of brilliant turquoise stretching into the horizon offering the purest image of natural serenity. Dive spots Sipadan and Mabul can be reached in just a few minutes by speedboat. Sipadan-Kapalai is an ideal destination for diver and non-diver alike seeking a great holiday experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Hotel Pulau Sipadan
- Sipadan Kapalai Island Hotel
- Hotel Sipadan Kapalai Island