“Great diving”
Review of Co Co Dive

Co Co Dive
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Miri
More attraction details
Owner description: Co.Co.Dive (formerly known as Tropical Dives) is longest established dive operator in Miri. Our founder - Mr Voo is also the pioneer in diving exploration at Miri, who discovered most of the dive sites and gave the naming. With Co.Co.Dive, our very own Scuba Diving Division of Minda Travel, we are able to offer total adventure travel, on land and underwater. Miri has long been known for it's exotic national parks and caves, it's underwater world which is now gaining attention of scuba divers, ever since the untouched coral reefs were discovered in recent years. Divers, from beginners to those who have dived the worlds most famous spots, have nothing but praise for the untouched reefs around Miri. The reefs here are all patch reefs with varying depths from 7 to 45 meters with average visibility of 10 to 30+ meters. The variety of corals and other marine life on the reefs, rivals that of any! to be the best in the region.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

My partner got certified with this group years ago. Time to try them out myself.

Had a good day of diving on the Coco 3 dive boat. They supplied the shorty, fins, and tanks of course for 3 dives. The guide was good as was the on boat service.

On the day we went conditions were good. Calm seas and lots of interesting things to see. Visibility was so so. Maybe 10 m. That's hard to predict and variable according to the guide.

I was scheduled for a second day but was not feeling well. My partner still went out and I really appreciated the partial refund.

One thing that was lacking were on the boat resources. We saw lots of things but could not look up what they were. A guide to the fish for this part of the world would be really valuable.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"claire"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Angela and Steve are great! Very friendly and helpful with everything. It was fun diving with coco dive!

Reviewed March 26, 2018

We did a short trip to Miri mostly to refresh our diving skills and do a couple of fun dives over 2 days. Except for one of the dive sites, visibility was pretty good (from 10-20 m) at the sites we dived although it was just the beginning of the diving season. Soft coral sites were in rather good shape which was surprising given the rather close proximity to the city. The dive sites are only around 40-45 mins boat ride from the Miri jetty at Marina bay.

We did our refresh check dives with Steven and it was a breeze - his demeanor was calm and reassuring and the instructions were clear. Rented equipment worked well, and the crew readily helped us out with our equipment when we needed assistance. Communication with Angela by email before the trip was prompt and responsive. In all we had a good experience with Coco dive.

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

The best team & management ever.i was bit anxious to have my 1st diving in the ocean and I told Angela(she runs the place) about my fears and she suggested me to have Steve to be my instructor and I m so happy I got him. He was so patient,understanding,professional and he made sure i got everything right. Everyone at the company cares about each other,about their students.personally, I feel they are very passionate in their work and it reflects by the way that they want their students to enjoy diving as well. I sure did! If I could, I would bring all of the instructors , whole team even to go diving with me again in the future if I m going to dive somewhere else than in Miri.i really appreciate this 1st diving experience. The view in the ocean was amazing as well. I LOVE EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT IT! thank you, CoCo Dive! Thank you for making me loveee diving! Every ocean that I go one day later, I will always thank CoCo Dive for everyone in the team had been so patient and supportive with me taking my 1st baby steps in diving.

1  Thank YolanderJ1
See more reviews
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

After some disappointing dives in KK, poor weather days before and unable to find the dive shop after 3 passes, was really doubting I was going to have fun.

The dives were actually really enjoyable. Seen more fish today than I have in a number of previous dives. The platform "wreck" was very cool. Poor vis was countered by heaps and heaps of fish.

The team at Co Co were great - not fussing over you, no false chummy talk - just good organisation - but there to assist when it looked like you needed some help.

Would love to come back to Miri in the good season.

1  Thank DMandTM