We stayed for 4 nights in the best rooms available, 2 semi-suite seaview rooms.
The setting is excellent. Some of the finest white coral sand I've seen. To either side of the bay is a house reef. Coral is quite damaged but regrowing. Good amount of fishes. The reef to the left belongs, strictly speaking, to the Coral View Hotel around the corner. We saw some harmless sharks there as well as lots of rabbitfish and parrot fish, no angel and only a few butterfly fish.
The rooms were quite spacious, bathrooms a bit small. Both in need of refurbishing (to a higher standard!). The buildings are nice and directly in front of the beach.
The main let-down was the food. The first 3 days we couldn't get any a la carte food, neither lunchtimes nor evenings, only buffet. And the buffet was very bland and uninteresting (even the local food!). If they had had rooms and food like in the Berjaya Beach Redang, then it would be perfect!
No alocohol available. If you want a cocktail or some beer you have to go on a well-trodded path through the Coral View and onto some small restaurants (who make a roaring trade)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhentian Island Resort is an ideal beach resort for a leisurely family vacation in Malaysia. Surrounded by lush greenery, facing white sandy beaches and a warm blue sea, Perhentian Island is a holiday paradise not to be missed. Perhentian Island, or Pulau Perhentian as the locals call it, is well known as a marine paradise and forms a parts of the National Marine Park of Malaysia. In the surrounding areas of Perhentian Island Resort, you will find many things to see and do. Take a jungle trek up the hills under a canopy of large trees, and you might see wild magpies, giant fruit bats or the Nicobar pigeon. Perhentian Island lies along the flight path of this migratory bird. You might also see the harmless monitor lizard or even the unique lutong monkey species. The nearest jungle trail is less than 100 metres away from our resort. Or gather your family and head to the inviting sea for a swim. For those who enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving, the Resort is strategically located, fronting a coral-rich bay. The marine ecosystem of this area is well documented and held in high regards by snorkellers and scuba divers. If you come between June and September, you might get lucky and see giant green turtles laying eggs along the beach. Enjoy your next family holiday at this paradise beach resort, where reality is like a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Perhentian Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perhentian Island Hotel Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Perhentian Island Pulau Besar