Cozy Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
US$98
US$73
US$62
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Bayu Dive Lodge(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
US$24
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Eco Marine Perhentian Island Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
US$42
  • Restaurant
Perhentian Tuna Bay Island Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
  • Beachfront
Coral View Island Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
  • Restaurant
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
  • Restaurant
New Cocohut & Cozy Chalets(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
  • Beachfront
D'Ayumni House(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
  • Beachfront
Flora Bay Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 14, 2015

My boyfriend and I planned a trip to Perhentian Island on whim to just spend some time away from the city. Away from the city it was...

Upon arrival, we were dropped off at their cute little jetty in the middle of the sea and were told that there will be someone picking us up shortly. Unfortunately no one came and we had to call them to tell them we were at the jetty waiting for the pick up. They told us that no one saw us on the jetty when there were plenty of them hanging around the reception/restaurant area just right opposite the jetty.

When we were shown to our room. We were surprised at how small and old it was... there's only enough space for a twin bed, small closet and small dressing table. The bathroom is quite horrifying as the first time we wanted to take our bath the water came out smelling like horse droppings. It got better after that and apparently it was just the natural mineral smell from the water as it was taken from underground water source. There were termites digging up the old wooden panel floor as well as we could see tiny wood dust in the morning at certain spots on the floor.

The food and drinks there are expensive. Please bring as much snacks and mineral water as you can as they do overcharge you. Dining options are very limited as there really isn't much around.

There was nothing much to do, no night entertainment, nothing. I guess maybe we were just there at the wrong season. We could see WIP for a bar there. So maybe next time there will be something more than just hanging out at the restaurant or in the room after dinner.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScarletFey
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights with my family. The room type was sea view with A/C room. This hotel was between " The reef" and " Mama's ' and near " Coral view".
The beach, which was in front of this hotel, was not beautiful and was not suitable for swimming and snorkeling. If you want to go snorkeling, I recommend you that you visit another beach. Perhentian Island has some amazing beach which are suitable for snorkeling, swimming and relaxing.
Before staying at here, I was afraid of it which cockroaches appear in our room.
But I had never seen cockroach in my room. In addition our A/C worked fully. So I felt this hotel was not bad.
I ate dinner at this hotel's restaurant every evening. Especially home made pizza became my daughter's favorite meal. I recommend this restaurant.
If the rate of sea view room was 150RM(4person), I gave 4 stars to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We did not stay here but we did all our diving and snorkelling trips here, even the restaurant sometimes. We were glad to have found them, no idea why they were not in Padi diving site and other diving centres did not recommend when others were full. The diving trips with them were perfect. We can even pay with credit card although with 3% charge. They have 3 diving trips daily, so we manage to maximize our diving with them. They prepare all the tanks, BCDs, wetsuit and weight belts for us, and still ensure we do our buddy check. The instructors were really friendly, we had two, 1 is Lee 1 is Nazrin, they explain in full the dive site we are going, signs of fishes we will see (there are alot) that we manage to grab some signs after the 1st dive. They organize in small groups, and maximize our diving time, makes a very satisfied dive. We get to know the types of fishes we saw during the debrief, providing some light snacks like bread, french toast, coffee, tea, orange juice... the boat does not have a ladder, so getting up to the boat after the dive can be a little hard. Of course we had our snorkeling trip with them, also a small group. We get to go to 5 different sites, making sure we get to see turtle, sharks, beautiful reefs and a lot of fishes. Restaurant staffs were nice, their food is fine, not pricy compared to the other restaurants since others are more expensive. They are malay operated, so the malay food was good. The price for the dive and snorkel is standard among all other dive centres.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Staff are accomodating. Rooms are old. Food are expensive - however the pizzas are good. Snorkling trip is good. By 22.00 hrs no activities but to sleep early. This is the 1st time went for holiday where the was no electrical socket to plug into. Snorkling trip rated as satisfactory. Wont go there again for the value of money paid.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank 8879idris
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is the second time I took an accommodation/diving package with this company. The first time I was on a big budget, so I didn't mind the faults so much (although I did change my initial given room as there was a big hole in the floor which a mouse poked its head through as I watched!!)

Unfortunately for me, I didn't remember that it was such bad quality/condition there. The cabins are really old, run down, shabby and have rotting wood and holes all through them. Cockroaches! A constantly dripping shower meant a constantly wet bathroom floor. The sheets felt damp all the time. Not a pleasant feel to the cabin at all. No electrical sockets you can use in the cabins.

The restaurant service was very slow and often they were out of many menu choices. No chance of a hot drink before 8am. My friend and I got served our meals ONCE at the same time, out of 5 days, 3 meals a day, ordering at the same time.

I advise checking your bill thoroughly before you pay...leave time for it as you're checking out. Bad planning for me meant I was out of time as I went to pay the balance, and just gave it all a cursory check. Once I got home and went through it properly, I see I've paid too much balance, though it's not enough to go to the trouble of getting back to them for a refund. Disappointing!

On the positive side, the dive team, their service, equipment and day to day running of the dive shop is fantastic!!!! Couldn't fault them!

Room Tip: Dive with them, but stay next door at Mama's or The Reef.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends