All reviews fish family suite no alcohol beach front small sharks sea cucumbers nice resort standard room walk minutes long beach island resort deluxe chalet bring your own mineral water sea view room scuba diving monkeys
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Coral View didn’t make a great first impression. We arrived early in the pouring rain, and while we didn’t expect to check in early we did want to sit in the restaurant and have a drink/snack/play a game. The tables were dirty, the staff either surly or terrified.
We had a twin chalet and although the decor was very dated and a bit rundown, we had lots of space and the shower and A/C were very good.
There is good snorkelling around Coral View and one of the best beaches a short walk away at Perhentian Island Resort.
We didn’t eat at Coral View due to our initial experience of it being dirty, and also there were overly inquisitive squirrels and we saw a rat. Would highly recommend the Barat for food though.
Gets 3 stars due to being decent value for money in an area where no accommodation option looks perfect.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank cat_bolsover
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

My first trip to Perhentian island, was very excited when we come to this hotel after few times surveying btwn Bubu, Perhentian n Coral Island hotels... Which recommmended by our travel agent....yes, we book thru an agent. So, there were few good n bad comment I shall share here...

Good point
1. The room is clean, cosy, classy n spacious. We book premium sea view with pool (down stair) and without pool (up stair)
2. The bath room is very big with clean bath tub, so u owes can enjoy relax bath after snorkelling outside.
3. House keeping come very on time every morning. Provide mineral water.
4. We got rest chair special reserve for room guest right in front of room. Very convenient.
5. Overall their staff r friendly n helping. A thousand thx to Mr. Patrick for introducing us very good meal package for last 2 days. Very satisfy on that... (Except a young male waiter in the restaurant who I feel very discriminative m serve ppl regard races..)

To b improved >_<
1. Coffee n tea need to ask from counter, np for me... However, it would b great if they can improve by placing it directly in room n tea is packed in individual pack.
2. No WIFI n no TV channel at all for premium seaview type. Yes, can't imagine even rm800 room rate do not provide any channel... Have to deposit rm100 for a pen drive for watching save movie...
3. I stayed 4 days, 2 out of 4 days the heater is not functioning...

Conclusion, it was still satisfying trip... But can b improved better n more value for ...

4  Thank michellebong90
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

We have planned 1 year ahead to come here.... our last visit...we stayed at the barat and discover that this resort have so much " wow factors" .....

This visit we choosed to stay at the family suite...
1st impression...excited but my 1st experience... all of our luggage have been under sun almost 1 hour. ... they said they will take and sent it nearby counter...but no one did it!!!

We managed to check in early.... the room is awesome... but...surprisingly...there are so many areas for improvements....
1. No hairdryer....at all...cant put deposits...nothing...so pls bring ur own hairdryer in ur next visit....( another 6 days to go huhuhu)
2.tv got no channel. If u have thumbdrive....pls save ur own movie...or else....put deposit rm100 for the thumbdrive at the counter. Mostly the movies are for kids....hahahhaa
3.the mattress.... seriously old version.... the spring is damn hard...hahahhaa
4. Smelly matress...i think previous visitor got small kids or baby....smell urine...gosh!!!!
5. No mineral water....no coffee n tea...sugar or what so ever.... i wonder this is resort or guest house only
6.towel can only be changed 2 days once.....huhuhu

Today my day 2....stay tuned... i will review more later

Visit: 21st march till 26th march 2018

4  Thank Ayien M
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

This is my day 1 review of this resort. I admire this resort during my last year holiday in Perhentian island. I decided this year family vacation to stay at Coral View island resort for 6 days 5 night.
I reach resort around 11am. Since there is no jetty or platform in this resort, boatman decided to drop us at the beach. Thanks to resort staff helping me unloading my luggage and my family. Unfortunately it's halfway and I need to carry my 6days luggage from beach to resort area.
I parked my luggage at restaurant area while my wife check in at reception counter. Resort did serve me and my family with welcome drink....this will help me to cool down my temperature after carry heavy luggage. I did request resort staff to carry my luggage to proper place however my request not been entertain. I understand your staff might be busy due to check in and check out activities but the way one of your foreign staff response to our request is not acceptable. He response almost spoil my mood but I try to be cool.
I get my room around 12noon and your staff do help me to carry my luggage to our room. I really appreciate on this. His very good guy and deserve small token from me.
Enter the room my vacation mood start again. Satisfied with the room size, cleanliness and facilities but I didn't see towel and drinking water in the room. Emmmmm......
However your housekeeping team immediately send me towel + extra mattress that I booked. Fantastic.
Enter bathroom to take shower.....than I realised no place to hang towel....errmmmm it's OK I can survive without it.
Overall summary.....i can say you have very good resort....but need little bit grooming on your front desk team....especially foreign worker. Review for today is 2.5

I'll provide my day 2 review later....stay tuned

1  Thank Jinnis J
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

We arrived to coral view with nothing booked, the staff were accommodating and showed us an array of rooms. We negotiated on price as we were there in the off season. There were a few creepy crawlers in the room, it was dark in the day as the electric was turned off between the hours of 8am-5pm, no WiFi at all and the ceiling fan was so loud it was impossible
To sleep with it on so 4 very sweaty nights! But it was charming, comfortable, cozy, with a stunning view which was well worth the negotiated price!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple