“Close down - property has been sold!”
Review of Moonlight Chalet

Moonlight Chalet
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Sadly, on (22nd June 2017)we saw the last remaining bit of Moonlight Chalet as the property has been sold and there is a huge new hotel being built on it!

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Its quite happening here, I went with my friends here for full moon party on 4 20th 2016. no booking allowed all over long beach. so just all the rooms there. and here, electricity cuts on day time and electricity will back on 6pm

Reviewed 2 September 2014

The rooms are ok, liveable at most. No mosquito nets so beware. you really need some on this island. Staff are island boy rasta types. Cool dudes. No bookings allowed so don't bother trying. They are pretty rude about you trying to book as well. Electiricty cuts off at 7 AM and starts at 7 PM. One plus thing is that they have a really really good view of the beach and they are far away from the noise. I hate Perhentian for only having a walk in policy for getting rooms.

Reviewed 20 July 2008

I went to perhentian kecil island on 16th July 2008 for a diving course. I stayed at aur nur, one of the chalet in coral bay. On 17th july, i decided to go over to the other side of island where long beach is. I really enjoyed the trip until my dinner experience in MOONLIGHT CHALET restaurant.

Apprently, I have left my handphone(motorola V3) on the table after settling the bill and hurried away wanted to go back to my chalet as it was starting to rain. Halfway, I realised I have left the phone on the table. Panicked and quickly ran over to check. To my dismay, it was not there anymore. That was about 10 mins after i left.. I ask all the staffs but nobody claim to have seen it and strange enough nobody remember who cleared the table. It was just 10mins ago! Anyway, I suspected one of the staff who persistently denied taking it (because as i was walking away from my table, he was walking towards it and about to bus it). Since he doesn't want to admit it and it was me who was careless to have left it there, i made a deal with him. I told him that if anybody found the phone, i would pay that person a reward in monetary form.

The next day that guy came over and look for me. He told me that his friend has found the phone and demanded some money, I was really glad not because of the phone but rather the content of it. Most of my business contacts are inside.

I didn't question him much and paid RM100. Silly of me because didn't check the phone properly. After he has gone, I found out that he has purposely spoilt the phone to the extend of the front screen has fallen off and some parts tampered. I was furious as why he would do such thing while expecting to get the money.

Of course not everyone is dishonest there but one incident is enough for me not to go there anymore. I am sure that this incident is not the first and the last. I sure hope that the management or owner of MOONLIGHT CHALET at Long Beach would seriously look into hiring better staff as this gives bad impression to tourism.

Upset customer!