See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 2, 2016

Getting there
Drivers met us at the airport, no issues but bit of a drive. Had to depart from their own jetty. All in all no fuss and decent boat ride.

Accommodation
You can put the a/c on all day, lots of tea, coffee, cordial drinks. Small snack shop, better to bring your own food.

Food.
Canteen spread 3 times a day, decent food and enough for all. No complains here.

Diving
Pretty standard, good DMs and nice locations.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank nthooi
Reviewed April 21, 2016

RedangKalong is a great place to stay, I would recommend small families or couples who would like peace and quiet to stay there. We checked in for 5 days and 4 nights and it was truly amazing.

The beach is very private as there are no other resorts on the same beach, making it quiet and not crowded like the other beaches.
There is a walk path that can be used to connect to another beach, if you are looking to socialize and want a crowded area.

The staff are friendly and helpful. Food was average but quite good, no complains.

The rooms are simple but comfortable and clean. There is a nice veranda outside the room. Which is convenient for drying clothes / swimwears.

2 of us went and split between diving and snorkeling. Unfortunately the snorkeling sights were all not that great, which is not the fault of the tour group, more towards the conservation of the Marine Park as some of the corals are dying.

But the diving sights were excellent and the variety of marine life sighted were really great. Anyone wanting to head to Redang island for diving should stay here.

I would recommend staying in the beach front rooms as it is just facing the beach within 50 meters to the sea.

During the mornings, the resort also feed baby sharks and we were lucky to be able to see some of them.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach are the best and excellent view for sunset and sunrise.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RadhaD82
Reviewed August 13, 2015

I have booked three sea view rooms with 3 days 2 night since January. I felt so relaxed when staying there. We can see the wide sea view every day. It is quieter than Laguna Redang Resort where only walk for ten minutes from resort.

There is one queen bed and one signal bed in the room. It is suitable for family. Although it is not grand, it is comfortable especially the mattress and pillows.

It offers the acitivities schedule for clients so everyone doesn't need to think about any arrangement on the island. The Staffs are all nice. We can go out for diving tour three times. The most beautiful site is Redang Marine Park. I think it is more beautiful than Marble Island in Sabah. It makes us unforgettable because we can see the turtles and big fish. The beach is good and water is green here.

In fact, The meal is not big and tasty. The resort is far away and the wifi is not good (need to pay). I still felt satisfied. The most important thing is not experience for holiday here. I recommend!

Room Tip: Booking the sea view room is the first choice due to not too expensive. Early make the booking.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Wong F
Reviewed June 29, 2015 via mobile

This was my first visit to the resort, with friends who are long-time fans of the place, and I have to say that I did rather enjoy myself and found the place charming.

Redangkalong sits on an entire beach by itself, which guarantees your privacy from throngs of guests from other resorts; a huge (and luxurious!) difference from staying on the massively overcrowded Pantai Panjang (Long Beach) area & the hulking, charmless, over-commercialised monstrosity that is Laguna Beach. Being able to nap in one of the many loungers & hammocks in complete and idyllic peace was a rare treat indeed, despite the ~30 guests staying there that weekend.

It didn't seem much like a place for children, but that might be more attributed to the very grown up atmosphere of the resort, overall. There is absolutely no reason why children would not be welcomed or be comfortable there, and there is ample beach space and shallow waters for younger children to safely play in.

The dive centre is excellent. All their equipment (rental charged per daily use) are carefully maintained and were in great condition. Maps were helpfully drawn out for reference & fairly detailed briefings on what one might expect (dive conditions, current, sea life, etc) were given before each dive. An extremely efficient box-storage assignment helps you organise your things independently, and the centre itself is spacious. Safety is always prioritised and best practises unswervingly adhered to - and demanded of guest divers!

This, however, isn't the most pampered of dive centres. Most that I've been to, especially in the region, the divemasters and the crew will take care of managing all the gear. Here, you are expected to manage your own gear (with the exception of loading it on to the boat and setting it up.) Apparently, divers were required to assemble their setup on their own in the past, but they now do this for you.

I think it's great practise to have divers manage their own equipment, but a little more briefing of those expectations could perhaps be made more clearly to the divers, instead of barking after divers to "not forget" their gear.

The divemasters were approachable and very knowledgeable about diving, underwater photography and of the area. They were conscientious in leading their groups and we enjoyed our trips out with all of them.

Rooms are basic - just beds, a small night stand, a small wardrobe & safety box - but comfortable. Our 3-sharing seaview room was more than spacious enough. The walls are still a bit thin - we could hear muffled conversation against one wall and snoring coming through the other - but I wouldn't say it hampered our sleep quality. The mattresses were firm (and yes, proper mattresses) and the comforter warm. The a/c worked well, and the controllers can be obtained from the reception desk. The bathroom was basic - a sink, small mirror, hot shower & w/c - and everything worked well. They don't provide room cleaning service though, so extra toilet rolls would need to be gotten from reception too.

The "souvenir" shop was decently stocked with snacks and some basic essentials you might've left behind - sunblock, shampoos, combs, etc. Prices are predictably higher than on the mainland but at least the convenience is there.

The food was tasty and plentiful. There was always enough to eat, and they would cook more to supplement the buffet offerings if any particular dishes had run out. (I've been to places where the meals were scant affairs and I often went on a little hungry throughout the day!) They have BBQ on the menu every other night, which means having pan-grilled lamb and a tasty fish baked in sauce option added to the buffet menu. Free-flow water, cordial, coffee and tea, and toast are available 24/7. All this is included in the price of your board. Items from the bar, ice-cream chillers and soft drinks fridge are extra charges.

We also enjoyed the karaoke room (available up to 11pm, whereupon it's quiet time in the resort), and the free board games, carrom, Chinese chess and mahjong sets you can borrow from the reception desk.

The whole resort runs like an excellently oiled machine. It is well maintained, and the place is kept spick & span by their very efficient staff; nary will you find even a single stray palm frond lying about.

All in all, we had a great stay. The dives were good, even if we did have one very rough & choppy morning, and for the 4D/3N we were there, it was money well spent.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank IshDewyn
Reviewed September 9, 2014

I'm been to several diving lodge and I believe it is the best I've ever had... Everything is well organised, food is good , friendly staff.... A good place to enjoy peaceful and quiet. If you like diving, the water is calm with mild or sometimes no current. If you don't dive, you can swim, canoeing, walk around the Island or lazy lay down on the beach

• Stayed: September 2014