All reviews private beach deluxe chalet white sand hiking trip lounge area absolute paradise clean beach upon request clear turquoise nearby reef wonderful stay great beach no alcohol warm hospitality boat ride spaghetti air conditioning
Reviewed September 11, 2018

I would say this is one of the best 'sanctuary' for relaxation and to get away from all those negative vibes. I really enjoy every moment here and the best part is walking along the private beach every morning and evening while listening to Sade's songs. Really, is a piece of heaven.

The terrace house which I stayed is clean and decent with basic ammenities. Well, don't expect a perfections and basicly I'm here not to complaint or what so ever like most of the people. I'm here to enjoy the view of the ocean and and to feel the peacefullness.

Just go for the full board package so you won't get hungry. Staff is friendly and helpfull.

I most definitely come again :)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank RaihanYazid
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

This is my second time I stayed here. After a couple of years since 2014, me and my travel partners have longed to make a return but not until last week we were able to get ourselves a room. The thing is, Wisana only has 10 rooms located in a long white stretched beach of its own and to get yourself a chance here, you need to book your dates extremely early!

Despite for almost 4 years ever since our first visit, the charm of Wisana remains the same. Nothing changed so much except that some upgrades have been made at the communual rest area. More folding mattresses and pillows for you to rest while watching the nearly impossible-to-beat view in front of your sights.

Moreover, there are more wooden beach chairs have been placed in front of your rooms too. And for starters, all of these 10 rooms, regardless deluxe, standard terraces etc. are facing the beach. Yes, just a couple of few steps you can have your own private beach!

And one of the many things that I love during our comeback is that they have their own Dive Operator - the Wisana Divers! After couple of years since my last scuba dive experience, I was a little bit nervous and shaky to take myself into the blue abyss but the Wisana Divers' team lead by their dive instructor, Cikgu Ujang have made me feel comfortable and confident underwater. I could not recommend any better dive operator in Pulau Redang. You guys should dive with them too!

And if people ask me what is the drawback staying at Wisana? I would definitely answer; the Checkout day! Why? Because I was not ready enough to pack my things and leave this wonderful place with its lovely family (people running it). It does feel like I was dreaming...

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank PakLang
Reviewed August 15, 2018

We are a family of 5 and stayed for 4 nights in July. We had a deluxe bungalow and a superior one for the adults.

Accommodation: Whilst the accommodation was simple inside, it was clean. However, all the bungalows face directly onto the beach with stunning views. Honestly, we only ever slept in the rooms, as we spent the whole time in the sea or relaxing in the communal area.
Staff - so very friendly and welcoming. From reception, the cleaners and the kitchen staff. Very helpful with the reservation and assisting as in organising transport from the North of Malaysia. Just lovely and what you need on a holiday.
Beach - we wanted to feel we were in a tropical paradise and that is exactly what we got. The sea was crystal clear, the beach spotless. You could snorkel off the beach and see turtles, sting rays, with a nice, safe coral for the kids to explore.
Activities - we went snorkelling, there is a hike you can do and the diving school were brilliant and so very patient and kind with my teenagers on their first scuba experience.

Prior to making my booking at Wisana, I had made a reservation at Taaras - the 5 star resort on the island which we had the opportunity to see from the outside on a later trip and we all agreed that we were really pleased that we had made the decision to go to Wisana instead.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the better grade bungalows
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank JuicyBites
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Wisana is a wonderful experience. Life brought back to basics. Good sleep with the sea music in a background. Then lazy day on the beach, with resting, swimming ans snorkelling. Full board meals are provided, so no need to worry about it as well.
Wisana is in a secluded bay, houses are directly on the beach and the whole place has a feel of simple village in the middle of archipelago. Just to give you a feel - when you arrive by boat, you anchor in the sea nect to the hotel and make last few steps in the turquoise sea water, while Wisana staff helps with carrying your suicases.
Snorkelling trip around a trip is a wonderful experience, with the highlight of swimming in turquoise water with huge yellow turtles!

All staff is very helpful and attentive, it feels like family-run place.

5 days felt like 2 weeks :). Enjoy!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Krzysztof Z
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Wisana was the exact thing we were looking for. A quite resort, with decent food and the best hosts one can wish for. The sand was white and powdery, and the sea as blue and beautiful as one can get it. Absolutely loved our stay here. Thanks again Wisana family!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple