See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2011

we chose Mozana because it was cheap, whereas most Redang properties are overpriced. and as usual, what you pay for is what you get. next time maybe we can afford a better place, but this resort fulfilled our needs at the time. snorkelling trip was great, food malay style and not to my taste, and no choice.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
15  Thank zooey1234
Reviewed June 8, 2009

This is not exactly a resort. Just chalets. My husband and I are there just for diving as the divecentre is located there.

We would be okay about Mozana if it were not for these things;

1.The bathrooms were not cleaned when we checked in. Still got the used soap from the previous guests, hairs on the bathroom floors (not mine because mine was very short!). I had to clean it myself but then the toilet brush is dirty as well. So, I just turned a closed eye..prefering tro shower in the dark just to avoid seeing those.

2. Electricity on and off schedule. Electricity on from 6pm-9am, 12.30 pm-2.30 pm. The rest of the day, it is off. I am not sure if they want to save electricity. For those who would like to sun-tan would not mind that. We were just there for the dive-eat-shower-sleep.

3. The walls dirty.

4.Having no TV is not a problem, we brought laptop and Simpsons!

5.The food was so-so but our apetite was ruined because the other guests at that resort started picking up food from the tray with their bare hands (with rice sticking onto their hands)..maybe it is in their Malay culture tradition but hello...hygiene???? And the kids as well...and unfortunately their parents did not stop them or anything. So we had to walked to the other side of the beach to look for food..which is ofcourse much-much nicer.

6.Some guests nearby stole our chairs outside our chalets..sigh...

----------------------------------------
But of course, the privacy here is better. Away from the Long Beach side which is usually packed with tourists..and very noisy. The corals also nicer ..other side of the island-white sand only.

I wouldn't go there if it were not for the dive. This is my 3rd time staying there however this time it was the worst. The previous 2 was still tolerable.

The dive was marvelous..owe it to the Gipsydivers-Adrin and gang. Very friendly people.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Bungan
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Reading the fantastic reviews in tripadvisor my family and I booked a 2D3N package at Mozana. We were a bit disappointed. Not for the beach or views, they are fantastic and the bay is secluded with only 2 resorts. The food, snorkeling trips and staff were also good and so was the food prepared by the Malay cook (spicy but yummy). However the rooms were not up to standard, ridiculously small and grotty looking. Old worn out mattresses that need changing, bathroom smelling of suers. We decided to leave after one night stay only...

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Pierre A
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I always belived that good things do come cheap, if we really look. I must say, the price Mozana gave was really good, compared to those in the neighbouring beaches.
They brought us to perfect snorkling spots where live corals filled the sea beds, and fishes of vibrant color swam around me fearlessly, eating raw noodles off my hand.

Pros:
- Delicious Malaysian foods are served.
- Service were excellent, people were friendly and helpful
- Cheap packages, good deal
- Nice snorkling spots
- A stone throw (and a jungle walk) away from Long Beach. Just make sure you don't get lost.
- turtles do land there (if you get lucky)
- Gorgeous beach view
- LOADS of dead corals washed ashore for you to take a close look

Cons:
- No hot showers
- No souveniers to buy
- less-reliable-looking room door locks (so do not bring any valuables that you can't drag along to your snorkling trips)
- Sharp corals washed ashore could cut your bare footed

The cons did not bothered me.
The staff were so good, they agreed to give us a free boat ride to Long Island to satisfy the need of my travel mate for 'civilization' (as she call it), and gave us detailed instruction on how to get back - through a secondary jungle.
Sea cucumber were plentiful there, if you happened to er... have a thing for sea cucumber for no particular reason.

Please feel free to browse through my blog for pictures and information at...

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Zulee
Reviewed August 15, 2007

Stayed at mozana redang resort 10 days - didn't take any 3D/2N snorkeling package - beginning of august 2007 after spending a week in KL for business. Originally I had planned to visit also Lang Tengah but I found this place so amanzigly nice that I decided to stay longer: what a holiday! If you look for a private spot in Redang, avoiding massified, expensive and packed megaresorts this is the place for you. Ok, rooms would maybe need a bit of refreshment/lift up but still you can get one with aircon, small bathroom and shower (not hot though) for about 30 U$. But what you will love most will be the view (just make sure you can have a seaview room): simply breathtaking! Rooms are only few steps away from the beach, quiet & reasonably confortable. Not to mention the staff which is litterally amazing! They provided a 5-star service! The food is abundant and good too! The snorkeling trips are amazing (Pulau Lima, Pulau Paku, Marine Park) but you can just swim a few meters away from the shore to be able to see sharks, turtles and wordeful corals! I would recommend this resort for those who are looking for a private & relaxing spot, without any luxury expectations. Just try to avoid packed weekends or public holidays when your intimacy could be...less "intimate". Finally, if you are into diving (I'm not), there is an attached diving centre "Gipsy Divers" where you can get you Padi certification. You can book your holiday directly (as I did) simply by calling the No's you can find on this website [--]I am posting some pic's, hope it helps!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo