“where to justify your trip”

Auberge Camping Ocean Des Dunes
Ranked #19 of 113 Speciality Lodging in Merzouga
Reviewed 3 April 2017

is the best I've done in Morocco. They are master of hosting, kings of well being. I love dessert therapy, one of their advices. And that is a good think do to there, what ever they advice, is a good idea!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Yldor

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

This place is just amazing... in hassilbiad.... next to merzouga... we arrived late in the evening but the best homelette berbère was waiting for us... cooked by Brahmin ! With his brothers he run this place and is just lovely... breakfast and room are also great! If you are brave enough they can organize a Sahara excursion sleeping overnight in a bivouac!

Great place... great food... great people you meet there!

I strongly recommend it.... can't wait to come back!

Bravo les champions ;)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Enzo C
Reviewed 19 September 2016

The charismatic host, Lhou, responded to my emails promptly. I took him up on the 1 night desert trek and camp and was very happy.
I booked just a few days in advance and forgot to tell him about my special dietry requirement. I let him know about this only the day before, however everything was arranged perfectly. We arrived in the afternoon, had access to a very nice room with shower (where we could leave our luggage overnight) and then left on camel into the dunes, some of which were a staggering 200m high. It was the classic Sahara desert you see on the films with sand flying across the endless dunes in the wind.
At the camp we watched sunset over the dunes, then the guides, who were great fun, made moroccan tangines, peppermint tea and fresh fruit - great food. And then came the drumming, music and chanting. We asked our guide what the chanting was and he said it was a song about a couple wandering the Sahara, I could well believe it.
We awoke to watch the sun rise over the oppisite horizon and then back to the hotel, there Lhou made us a hearty classic Moroccan breakfast which really is a fantastic meal - pancakes, bread, jams, honey and Moroccan cake which is a bit like Medera. We were able to utilise the room again to shower and take a quick power nap.
Overall, the hosts were great, the desert views all I could hope for, great food and atmosphere. Amazing value for the money, the cost was very competitive but I would recommend everyone on any sort of budget to consider this service.
Further to this - we drove over two days in a hire car from Marrakech to Hassilbeid, the journey is absolutely stunning with a changing landscape of views, colour, mountains and gorges. I was blown away and can't find the right words... with the end of the journey a golden orange desert, highly recommend you make the trip !!!

Room Tip: email enqiries to the contact address, I got a response very quickly
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank doombar2016
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Management of the trip, takes care about you since you do your reservation. Food in desert was surprisingly good. Camel trip is a nice experience, but once is enough.
Was Really nice stay with guys in the desert. Around 1hour trip on camels to sahara, but definatelly worth it. After really tasty dinner we had a great talk with guys, learned a lot, they played great berber music and singed, totally new and interesting experience!
See u Again

Room Tip: When you are there we recomend you to do a camel trip with him
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jordi G
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

Spent two nights there in a room during motorcycling in Morocco. The room basic but fit to the desert. The staff very kind by heart. Excellent location nearest to the dunes. I had a best dinner here in Morocco. Wifi is speedy. Good price too.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank gklima
Oubadi, Owner at Auberge Camping Ocean Des Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Thankyou for your visit in our hostal.we hope to see u next time with more days and you enjoy more the dunes and our hospitality. you are very welcome any time.

Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

I went to ocean dune campsite recommend by my friends (who did stay there before ") and I did really surprised how friendly and welcome they were. All workers are brothers and they were the most helpful people l found in Morocco. I could not thank them enough for they help. Very clean and good food with family atmosphere . I only stay here 2 nights but l wished I had more time. Sorry guys I couldn't stay longer but l hope I will return to Merzuga again some time in future. Take care and good luck

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank BikeAdventurer2015
Reviewed 10 September 2015

Easy to find, reasonably maintained,nice rooms (with A/C) decorated with rural taste, friendly and helpful staff (they will arrange any activity you might like).
The dunes are just in front of the hostel you can either enjoy them taking a camel ride or by having a short walk.

Room Tip: all rooms was nice,but i prefer more Room 5
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo