See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 4, 2011

This hotel began our acquaintance with Morocco.
The first of what should be said – staff !!!! Extremely attentive, interesting and friendly people work there, especially Hassan.
The hotel is located near the center, along with station of Supratur (buses) and parking grand-taxi, that was convenient in our itinerary. The hotel is simple, but clean and comfortable. We really liked it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yuliya P
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed there for one night and it was great. Staff is so friendly, we spent long time talking and drinking mint tea with them. Rooms are great, clean and comfortable. Nice breakfast. They helped us with organizing the tour to Ait Benhaddou. If I will have a possibility I will surely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smelka
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Stayed here for a night and had no issues. The staff is extremely friendly - Hasan even came along with us to show us the Kasbah and then showed us a great dinner place. When I realized I'd left my wallet back at the hotel he promptly took some money out of his pocket and insisted I take it. Good breakfast too!

Rooms are not too bad. Nothing to write home about, but I guess you get what you pay for. All in all a definite yes for a budget traveler.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank ashchi1
Reviewed October 21, 2011

The hotel is brand new (about a year old), and the rooms (very clean, high-ceilinged, tiled, en-suite double rooms with comfy beds) are fantastic. What's more, they're wonderfully cheap (breakfast included), and the owner is very friendly and helpful. The hotel's 5-10 minutes' walk from the town centre. We had a balcony and there's also a flat roof to watch the sunset and admire the mountains from. Ouarzazate is mostly a modern town, but there is a fantastic Kasbah, and it's a calm, laid-back place where no one tried to sell me anything and the locals we met just wanted to help us. I recommend the Hotel Marmar and Ouarzazate as a perfect place to base yourself while exploring the south of Morocco.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Natasha W
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Excellent after 20 years we found again the muslim hospitality. The owner and their workers are heirs of arabian tradition and a lovely friendship. We change the route to come back and surely if we return to ouarzazate we will come back again. Unfortunately the road is quite loud. To find it arriving from Marraqueix on the first roudabout (the movie place) turn left and straight on till you see the spot on the right.(ithe spot is not too visible)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family