We loved this place. We stayed in the cabin in the back for 4 nights in Jan. of 2012 and could have stayed longer. This is a great place if you are in good enough shape to really enjoy it. Lots of walking, bicycling and horseback riding. Get used to saying hello to every person that you meet on the road. There are a number of funky, hippy places around to eat, buy local stuff and have a good time. Bicycle to "Eye of the Water", a great mineral pool with good food , drinks and a Tarzan rope. swing. We rented horses from a neighbor and had a great experience going to a remote waterfall that was different than the one on the tourist circuit. Eileen arranged great transport in and out of Ometepe. The owners really know what they are doing and were fun to talk to. The breakfasts really were pretty spectacular. We did the Leon, San Juan Del Sur, Ometepe, and Granada circuit with 4 nights in each spot. The biggest mistake is not staying long enough at each place. The last day was the best at each location because it takes one day to figure out where you are and what to do. Then you do the obligatory tourist things, then you still have a day to get off the beaten path for something new.
Thanks again Eileen and Darren
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ometepe, offers amazing nature, a chance to step back into a simple, slower way of life & charming friendly inhabitants who can teach us all something about being happy with less. As Americans who love living here (since 2004) we hope to provide a bridge of understanding & connection for you into the culture & life of this very special place. We would love to help you plan & organize a trip that will align with your interests & optimize your experience. Located on our organic farm La Via Verde is a cozy, intimate B&B with only 2 bedrooms on our second story. Up in the trees the wrap around verandas have great views of Volcan Concepcion, sunrise and sunset. Rooms have private balconies, queen bed, ceiling fan and are screened. There are 2 shared baths with flush toilets and limited hot water showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your La Via Verde - Organic Farm and B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Via Verde - Organic Farm Hotel Isla De Ometepe
- La Via Verde - Organic Farm And Bed And Breakfast