Hotel Villa Paraiso(Isla de Ometepe)
US$72
US$64
Hotel Monkey's Island Ometepe(Merida)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
US$125
  • Breakfast included
Finca Mystica(Isla de Ometepe)
  • Restaurant
Xalli Ometepe Beach Hotel(Playa Santo Domingo)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
El Zopilote(Santa Cruz)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Nicaraus(Moyogalpa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscrepeswonderful hostsshared bathroomconcepcion volcanocafe campestregranolaorganic breakfastthought of everythingpleasure of stayingrocking chairsbathroom downstairsprivate verandab bstravel arrangementssecond levelbooking taxispineapple
Reviewed July 12, 2015

La Via Verde is a beautiful organic farm on the verdant volcanic island of Ometepe. What is not to love about sitting on a deck at tree level, sipping fresh local coffee (or beer) while gazing out at the volcano and watching dozens of colorful butterflies flitting about in the treetops. Or hanging in a hammock on your private patio, listening to crickets while fireflies light the night? Or waking up to the sunrise and having someone serve you your choice of delicious, healthy local food including homemade bread, cheese and yogurt with the most luscious fruit from their farm? What truly takes this place to five stars and beyond is the owners. Eileen is the consummate hostess and will go above and beyond to make your stay as relaxing or active as you desire. She arranged transportation for us both ways, was a wealth of knowledge about island activities, and answered every one of my million questions about moving to a foreign country and starting a B&B. Go There!
P.S. Great location, hidden away in nature but an easy walk to the little town and a bike ride away from another.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2015

My 11 year old daughter and I stayed at La Via Verde for 4 nights while on a month long trip to Nicaragua. It was one of my very favorite places to stay and I wish we could have stayed longer. Eileen and Darren are wonderful hosts. The accommodations are lovely, clean and thoughtfully arranged for travelers. The breakfast is fantastic and plentiful. There are also very good restaurants within walking distance. While on the island we kayaked,hiked and swam in the lake and at the Ojo de aqua. My daughter loved "helping" Darren feed the chicks etc. I hope we can return soon.

Room Tip: both rooms great
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2015

Eileen goes above and beyond to make her guests feel welcome and was so very helpful during our four night stay. She arranged a scooter rental and volcano hike guide for us and was made transportation a breeze by setting up taxis as well. The whole place was spotless and the room was adorable with wondeful breezes each night. We're still dreaming of the amazing breakfasts! Don't hesitate when booking this spot!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2015

Ometepe is a very special area not to be missed and I highly suggest anyone going there to stay at least a minimum of 3 nites. There's plenty to see and do and a few great restaurants .
Campastre, within walking distance is delicious , they do need more fans inside, but theres seating outside. Pizza nite is worth the truck up to hippie haven,its a trip and super creative , Eileen will fill you in.
Don't miss Hari's horses , the property is just adorable as are the gorgeous horses, little doggies and all the flowers! I will be back to take a ride to the waterfalls for sure as it rained my day there .
But the best of the best is the fabulous Eileen herself and of course her charming staff and hubby.
Lovely and forthright ,a generous hostess ,Eileen made my stay memorable and en joy able to the max, not only that ,the many questions I had emailed her prior to my arrival were all answered quickly, efficiently and honestly, which I sincerely appreciated .The two bedrooms are super clean as is everything , decor lovely, and all the floors are swept every am ,the little beetles that come out at nite are natures finest ,,,hahahahaaa,,,but their swept away as the beautiful birds fly by the outside terrace as you sit and take in the gorgeous views of the stately volcano, swathed in glorious colors and clouds. Breakfast is yummy ,as is the coffee and yogurt.
Flawlessly captivating ,I admire the hosts tenacity and their correct vision for the heavenly spaces their continually creating …Bravo!!!!!!
With my move to Granada soon …I will certainly be going back to the very authentic Ometepe and the charming Via Verde. I look forward to my future visits along with family and friends to explore more of this true to life area of Nicaragua. The natives of this area are super friendly and kind, the smiling children remind me of how it used to be in the USA a very long time ago…as they freely ride by on their bikes and ponies, picture perfect .
And don't miss swimming in the cool waters of pretty Ojo De Agua, a natural spring , not to be missed ., thank u all ... for a story book stay!!!

Room Tip: Book early ,,,they are very popular!!!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Heidi34618
Reviewed June 18, 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed at Via Verde for the last two days of our trip in Nicaragua. It had been a great but very hot trip. La Via Verde was the perfect ending to this trip. The rooms are spotlessly clean and adorably decorated. There is a large ceiling fan that keeps things nice and cool even during the day. The views from the balcony are impressive. As we were tired after a full two weeks of travel, my boyfriend and I ordered delivery from Cafe Campestre one night which was delicious. Just like everything else this was set up flawlessly! Eileen's attention to detail and the comfort of her guests is unique. The breakfasts are filling and delicious. And....it is very easy to take part in a variety of activities (horseback rides, hikes, massages etc....) Eileen was great and we would definitely go back!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple