La Via Verde - Organic Farm and B&B
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Xalli Ometepe Beach Hotel(Playa Santo Domingo)
Hotel Nicaraus(Moyogalpa)
El Zopilote(Santa Cruz)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hacienda Merida(Isla de Ometepe)
  • Beachfront
Finca Montania Sagrada(Isla de Ometepe)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscrepesyogurtconcepcion volcanoorganic farmcafe campestrewonderful hostshomemade vanillaorganic breakfastthought of everythingrocking chairsbathroom downstairsshared bathroomprivate verandab bstravel arrangementssecond levelbooking taxis
Reviewed April 5, 2017

This is one of the best places we ever stayed in our lives! Me, my husband and our friend travelled in Nicaragua on March 2017. This place was indeed a highligt of our Central American adventure. Eileen is an incredible host and the place she created together with her husband is deserve a huge respect. She made us feel at home by constantly taken care of our needs and by cooking us huge and super tasty breakfast (which we are so terribly miss).
And of course the best part of all of it is the amazing location with a view on Concepcion volcano. You can literraly spend the whole day just looking at it and noticing how clouds are changing at the top of volcano and how day comes to the end by coloring sky in incredible colors.
If you ever wanted to visit a paradise you found it!
We will be back for sure one day...

Thank you, Eileen again for everything and I hope may be one day we can have a place similar to yours where people also can feel at home.

Katya and Stas

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2017

I stayed at La Via Verde in January 2016. My apologies, Eileen, I thought I'd submitted a review long ago. It's been a hectic year but I clearly remember your wonderful hospitality and the relaxing, calm atmosphere at this B&B. Breakfasts were awesome and your assistance in planning my visit to Ometepe, arranging transportation and making sure I had the best possible visit - it was all very much appreciated. Sorry it took so long to write this up - meanwhile, I've been recommending your B&B and Ometepe to anyone that will listen. Thank you very much! I hope to return some day.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2017

We went at La Via Verde for a perfect 3 nights stay in February! When we arrive, I just had a leak of sunscreen in my bag and we had a pretty long journey to reach the place, Eileen was there to welcome us and even help us clean the mess !

The house contains only 2 rooms, which is perfect for an awesome quiet stay! The rooms got everything you need, with a powerful fan that is good enough for the night. The shower works with a timer, so just make sure to be smart when using warm water and you will have enough. Bed was a bit hard, but still super confortable.

Location wise, it is in between 2 towns. It is good to relax and enjoy the view of the wildlife! Saw plenty of birds from the balcony, on top of the awesome view of the volcano. You can walk for about 15 minutes to eat at night time, or either arrange some delivery. At night time, you can also get some drinks / chocolates from the fridge for decent prices.

Oh, and they forget about enjoying the breakfast! It was by far our nicest breakfast on our trip to Nicaragua. Make sure to taste the omelet with homemade cheese and the granola (one of the nicest granola I've ever tasted!).

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

We came to Ometepe looking for a peaceful location, with lots of tour options and we found it at La Via Verde. The rooms were really nice, exceptionally clean, and had a nice breeze blowing through them. The breakfast included was more than we could have hoped for, and there were some good restaurants within walking distance for lunch and dinner. The owners are very accommodating, they booked all our taxis, including the taxis from the mainland to the island and back, and booked all of our tours as well. They we're always willing to assist in any way they could. It was a great stay, La Via Verde B&B is highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2017

What a special place this is. The place is well taken care of, very clean and comfortable rooms and lovely hosts! Beautiful views of the Volcano from the top. Fridge stocked with beers and drinks - perfect after a long hike up the volcano! Eileen and Darren are a fantastic team and made us feel so welcomed. Eileen is happy to help out when it comes to planning your daily activities. She knows the best guides, restaurants, prices, and gives overall great tips and advice. The breakfast was delicious, I loved the granola and yogurt, there is nothing like it! I ordered granola and yogurt later in my trip since I missed my breakfasts at La Via Verde and boy, what a let down it was. We loved getting to know you and learning about your fascinating life! Thank you so much for everything!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple