All reviews howler monkeys san ramon waterfall great hosts horseback riding waterfall hike off the beaten track delicious food board games magical place beautiful surroundings kayaking trip mango we loved our stay stayed longer beautiful island laid back other travelers
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

My first thought was: oh amazing - I want to book an extra night. And I did, actually all people do after arriving here. Finca Mistyca is such a lovely place. The food is amazing; you'll eat dinner together with all other people who are staying here. Feels like home! And those beds are fantastic. I had a bed in the cozy dorm - beds are placed in a circle with each a mosquito net and a fan. The staff speaks very good English which was very helpful for me. They will help you to book your trips. I went horse riding to see the waterfall, did a kayaking tour and had the best massage ever! The best place to stay at Ometepe is definitely Finca Mystica!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

Finca Mystica was our favorite place during our two week trip though Nicaragua. the way going there is really bumpy but it is totally worth it. We were horse riding and kayaking in the river close by.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

This place is just great.

The staff are super friendly and keen to help and arrange trips for you if that’s what you want to do (not pushy as they don’t earn commission for them, they just genuinely want your stay to be great).

The food is excellent with very generous portions and excellent value for money. They do a family meal each night for around $7/$8 and they were always delish. Breakfast is also yum.

The dorm is in the round which is super unique and each bed are doubles. We were so lucky with the people we shared with as they were all sooooooo nice and great fun. Not a party place as the bar shuts at 10 (although you could purchase a cool box of beer).

The grounds are very well maintained with awesome chill out spots (including yoga) and a nature trail.

The location is good if you are looking to enjoy some beach time and hike the waterfall (which I’d recommend).

One of the best places we’ve stayed on our travels so far. A real hidden gem!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Finca mystica is a delightful place to stay, and what sets it apart from other places is the warm welcome, and that Ryan takes the time to mingle with and get to know his guests. It creates a lovely warm ambience; I was travelling solo and met people of all ages and nationalities. Tours are easily arranged from here but there is no need to move much from finca mystica should you be feeling rather lazy as I was, as the place itself is a delight. I stayed in the dorm which is the best dorm I’ve ever stayed in (bar a place in Santiago, several years ago!). Would come back in a heartbeat.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Ryan and Angela have put so much care and thought into designing and creating this ecolodge! The cabins are so cute and comfortable, with a hammock on the porch for relaxing. The food is fantastic and very reasonably priced. There is plenty to do, or just relax. We especially enjoyed reading on the porch, eating delicious meals with other travellers and seeing the wildlife including monkeys and bats. We also hiked to the waterfall and back - about 5 miles.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple