Review Highlights

from US$84.00
from US$72.50
from US$80.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Tarkwa Bay is the kind of activity that takes up a whole day. You need to plan everything from feeding to transportation. I didn't do much when I got there because it was a sort of impromptu trip so I had a native coconut and fed a couple of stray dogs on the beach,
The dogs were actually the highlight of the trip.

1  Thank Jemima A
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visiting Takwa bay is the highlights of our LagosCity tours package. This 1hr boat rides to and fro gives our clients the panoramic seaside view of Lagos metropolis. This the one place I believe allows people the comfort, freedom and safety to bare all in pretty bikinis and shorts while banishing work stress to the ocean. We only allow sightseeing as such we do not leave the boat except one buys an exclusive picnic in Takwa bay package

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Wow, what a beach close from VI. Boat trip is really good, of course we took a Fisherman boat. A great place to go with family and friends

2  Thank RajeshPillai20
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Very nice beach far a way from noisy Lagos, my enjoyment started from my journey of boarding a boat to the beach as is the easiest way to get their and it cost as low as 500 naira to the beach and you can board an engin boat from mainly 3 location but I used jetty at marina road which in less than 5mins the passenger boat have filled with 15passanger a boat can carry and boys were readily available to carry us on their back if you don’t want to step in the water as boat can only stop few meter away from the shore to avoid grounded our only problem was paying high 1000 naira to rent a chair and table but entry fee 200 naira was the cheapest among beaches I have visited in Lagos and it’s so amazing as I was able to swim in the beach as my wife have always want to see my swimming skills and we enjoyed ourselves with life guitar guy playing to entertain us with country music and not forgetting the fascinating tarsh house that was provided for us to change when we want to swim and after swimming my Irish wife really find it creative over all it was a fun fill trip and I hope to visit when ever I can

7  Thank Michael A
Reviewed August 27, 2018

First of all, you must know that you can only get to Takway bay by boat or by an helicopter. The most popular been by boat. There are banana boats which are cheap and could go for about N300 per persons and the experience with these boats could be scary and there are luxurious and safe boats that costs between N3,000 to N4,000 per person (it takes you there in the morning and comes back to pick you around 5 p.m in the evening). For an adventurer like Anago James Akeem Osho, Takwa Bay is more than the water you see around. It is fun, picturesque, cultural, historical, and adventurous.
This place is fun and I think it is the safest beach around here. The water is good for surfing and for a cultural and adventurous freak, this is ideal. This place is historical. You can get a local guide to explore the history and it is important to ask or take permission before taking anyone's picture.
To get a tent to hire costs between N1,000 to N2,500. This depend on the season.
There are different types of beach houses here. This also depends on your interest. From simple to very expensive. There are homesteads and this is what I recommend for accomodation. It may come with breakfast if you so desire.

3  Thank Anago James Ake... O
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

It's a great place for a fun family get away, but you need to go there by boat. Either get a banana boat from any of the jetties in town or hire a smaller boat. With the big boats, you won't get close to shore.

It's quiet some days and busy on others, so it's a bit toch and go on that. I would advise that you go with your own food, drinks and entertainment.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

They say a good outing is more of the people in it, add the location for tarkwa bay...
so Lagos is a beachgoing town so...gradually every idyllic beach has been overrun by teenagers and lovers...oh well, every good story has an end. So where does the average privacy seeker go when the weather is just right for a day out in the sun....quite a few options exist. Ranging from top dollar...to just about right. Tarkwa bay sits just smack in the middle, on an island with a shielded beachfront 15-30mins by boat away from lagos island, dependent on where you take off from, less by air...which by the way is cost inefficient and has no proper landing facilities, just take a boat guys...this bay offers at least two distinct levels of privacy, the general beach area which costs relatively less to rent deck chairs, raffia canopies...the more upscale lighthouse area where things get a tard more dearer but for a good reason too, you can rent everything from boats, jetskis, surfing boards, volleyball setups...well almost everything..accomodations arent so upscale..but be rest assured there are affordable places to sleep and if youre an otdoor enthusiast, you'd not regret packing that tent and sleeping bag along...
lest I forget to mention... like the beach itself, everything can be gotten from extremely cheap and risky to moderately priced and safe. Andfor a day trip..plan to head home by 5pm before the waves get choppy if you chose a small boat, even worse when you havent made full day arrangements. Dont bring expensive jewellery and stuff, pack a waterproof bag, a beachball always comes in handy, sunshades too, more for the sand the breeze kicksup....and did I mention, tarkwa bay is the best place to surf in lagos...ask anyone...waves you can catch without breaking an arm

4  Thank derekekan
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Trying to describe and review based upon expectations versus reality!!!. My review is therefore humour mixed with fact. The online photos look beautiful and in reality, the place was not too bad but a long way from what was expected.
It advertises to travel on a speedboat to the Bay, in fact the only way to get there. WOW it sounds luxurious...(smiling). The speedboat is in fact an old rowing boat now fixed with an outboard motor and we sat at the boat depart looking like refugees wearing life jackets that were rescued from the Titanic!! And wouldn't save a duck let alone a non swimming human!! Still the boat ride was fun, also fun watching other similar boats run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere and awaiting rescue from a fuel deposit from other boats whilst the onboard passengers were praying heavily to God to preserve their life!!. Upon arrival, we were unceremoniously "piggy backed" from the boat to the shore ( so funny ) and then were charged N200 each to enter. After all this, I have to say that the beach was very clean and the ocean is about the safest you can swim in around Lagos. We got pestered by touts a lot but rented a tent at 1000N right at the furthest end which gave us some peace. Why did I rate 4? Simply because the whole experience was an adventure. Would we revisit? Absolutely.
Thanks for a fun day.

4  Thank Debi D
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

We stayed on the private beach which was quite windy and cold. On our way out, we realised there was more fun on the open beach, which had lower tides, people surfing and generally would have been fun. Won't make the mistake again. Overall, nice place to visit especially since there's a boat ride to and from the beach.

2  Thank Olivia O
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful island surrounded by beautiful beaches.
The beach house added colour to the getaway

2  Thank oyetolatiffy