“Great!”

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Aguas Calientes
Campinas, SP
“Great!”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

At the time we booked for our family (group of 9) all hotels were already overbooked and La Cabaña wasn't. We took our chance, once we had read some bad reviews, but was our only option for Aguad Calientes.
All of us were very inpressive with the staff, the 2 girls from front desk was so sweet and helpful. Our rooms was confy and very clean. We had plenty of hot water. And the breakfast was delicious. Specialy a wrap filled with dulce the leche. So so good, i wish i had eate more of those.
We didn't had any problem about the pick up at the train station. They were there was they told us.
The bed was very good, one of my best sleep in my trip to Peru, but it is very personal.

My family and I recomend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank AnaC3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
NYC
Reviewed 26 February 2012

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Almost felt like family. I wanted to stay the night near Machu Picchu so I can stay up there once the tour crowds had returned back to Cusco. I found all the hotels seriously overpriced given that I was only going to sleep there. La Cabana Machupicchu was well priced given the alternatives and very comfortable. I slept very well. At the end of my stay the main hotel staff all wished me goodbye and wanted to check I had had a good time. I did! Thank you.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank PiersHNyc
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Friendly, knowledgable and helpful staff. They made sure all details of our trip to Machu Picchu were covered and answered our questions. Great rooms with plenty of hot water and very comfortable beds. Definetely worth the price. Also met us at the train station.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 733RobertC
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2012

we stayed 2 days here and absolutely we chose the best hotel ,the room is confortable,clean, hot water 24 hours, wifi, the breakfast is basic but is so good, and best of all is the staff, all the time willing to help in what you need, viviana and liss are very happy and friendly ladies, they're the best.
there was only one thing I did'nt like, that was the size of the room otherwise but of the rest all excellent.
if I travel again, I'll return here =)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CorheyScotte
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We had not booked in Aguas Calientes and someone at the information centre suggested 3 hotels - La Cabana was one of them. We (my husband and I, our 3 kids and grandparents!) walked up the main street (no cars in Aguas Calientes) and almost decided for a hotel half way up the street ....that would have been a mistake! The staff at La Cabana could not have been more helpful even going to the bus station and purchasing bus tickets for us, walking our heavy bags back to the train station, etc. The rooms were pretty and clean and the hotel had a lovely friendly feel. This is not a five start hotel but it was so Aguas Calientes! Fantastic!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are best
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Anastasia H
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 21 January 2012

The staff was so friendly. The rooms were nice, and we had a great, authentic view of the mountains surrounding us. We stayed three days at this hotel, and they gave us other things to do visit while in Aguas Calientes to keep us busy. It is a short hike up hill so be prepared for that. However, it was in a great location, close to the hot springs and the bus station to Machu Picchu. I recommend this hotel for your stay in Aguas Calientes.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Erica G
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Aguas Calientes is expensive. we only stayed one night and arrived with the last train from Ollanta. easy check in and we got up again at 4:30am to carch the first shuttle to MP.

be aware: they will not be able to book any tickets for you! Machu Picchu tickets have to be bought online in advance as of August 2011! Also tickets for the shuttle bus can only be bought the same morning at the bus station.

approx 5 min walk to the shuttle bus and close to all major restaurants.

stay only as long as you have to in AC. terrible service and very expensive. one full day at MP is good enough for most.

• Stayed October 2011