“Mystery Peru's Nazca Lines 2-day tour -- Excellent! Highly recommended!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mystery Peru

Mystery Peru
Ranked #4 of 22 Tours in Nazca
Hong Kong, China
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Mystery Peru's Nazca Lines 2-day tour -- Excellent! Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Thanks to the good reviews on TripAdvisor, we joined Mystery Peru's Nazca Lines 2-day tour in July 2011 and enjoyed it very much. It was supposed to be a group tour, but it turned out "private" as we were the only ones joining. I and my friend were taken care of by Nilo and Erna, our chauffeur and tour guide respectively. Both of them were very nice and friendly.

As we were going to visit many attractions in two days, we needed to set off very early in the morning. Nilo and Erna were very punctual and picked us up from the hotel in Lima at 4:30 am. Fortunately, it took about 3.5 hours to get to the pier to Island Ballestas, so we could rest in the car. We took a speed boat together with some other tourists to tour around Island Ballestas. We could not get onto the island but watch the birds, sea lions, penguins and dolphins etc from the boat. It was worth visiting as you could watch them in a pretty close distance, very beautiful. The boat ride took about 1 hour.

Then, we visited Paracas Reserve and Red Beach before having lunch in a Spanish restaurant. Erna introduced and ordered food for us, very yummy! Afterwards, we did wine tasting, buggy drive and sand boarding - super fun! After an hour's drive, we arrived at Casa Andina Classic Hotel, Nazca. It was very basic, but okay to stay a night.

The next day we went to Nazca Lines. As it was a bit overcast in the morning, we waited till about 10am to take off. The flight was about 30 mins which was steady and safe. We enjoyed it very much as we could see the lines/patterns very clearly from the plane. After lunch in Nazca, it took 6 hours to drive back to Lima. The tour was very well organized. Highly recommended!

Visited July 2011
15 Thank Suewinhk

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Huacachina Oasis & Paracas Reserve 2-day trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time during a two day tour to Huacachina and Paracas with Mystery Peru. Our driver, Sandro, and all the tour guides involved through the excursion did an excellent job showing us around the desert and teaching us about Peru’s ancient civilizations. Sandro was helpful and punctual and we are especially thankful for getting a ride to the airport at the end of our tour during Lima’s rush hour traffic (he was very patient). We really enjoyed the pisco vineyard & museum tours, sand buggy ride, and the beautiful Ballestas Islands.

Mystery Peru provided friendly and professional services and I feel we got great value for our money. All our questions were addressed in a timely manner before booking the trip, and we didn’t need to worry about a thing once everything was confirmed. I highly recommend this tour operator!

Visited January 2012
13 Thank YulesR
Toronto, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great Private Tours at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Although I mentioned Mystery Peru (and sang their praises!) in a review of Nazca Lines, they deserve a specific review, specifically of their private tours. First of all, Enrique was very responsive and prompt with all our emails and questions. He arranged our Cruz del Sur bus trip (round-trip Lima-Nazca-Lima), our Nazca Lines flight (plus transport to and from the Nazca airport) and our extremely knowledgeable private guide (Oskar) who drove us to and from our flight and also took us to and guided us through Chauchilla, Cauhauchi, and Cantalloc over a period of three days. Oskar also stopped whenever he spotted interesting fauna and flora in the desert to show us! I didn't find private tour guides advertised on Mystery Peru's web-site but wrote and asked if it was possible to arrange them. It was and having our own schedule and our own guide was great. Highly recommended!

Visited September 2011
20 Thank flickett
San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Nazca Lines Tour from Lima by Bus. 2 Days Program.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

I had a wonderful time on this trip. I purchased this package from the Mystery Peru website, corresponding with the owner, Enrique Levano. Enrique was prompt in his reply and very helpful in answering the questions I had.

The trip started with Neilo picking me up at my Lima hotel. Nielo was polite and helpful but had limited English (but I knew a very little Spanish and that helped). He drove me to the Cruz Del Sur bus terminal, he got my ticket, and stayed with me until I got on the right bus. The bus to Nazca is an 8 hour ride. Enrique arranged for a front row seat on the top deck which was nice as I could see the road ahead. The seats were wide and comfortable with a good recline - like business class seats on an airline. Lunch is included with the ticket. You can also buy drinks and snacks from the attending steward or stewardess. Though a long ride, I had a great time as I met fellow travelers and I had some very interesting conversations.

At Nazca I was met by Oscar who is a really great guy. It was late, the bus arrived at 9:30pm, and Oscar took me to a nice chifa for a quick dinner. Enrique had arranged for me to stay at the Casa Andina Nazca hotel, a nice and new hotel, very quiet, I had a good night's sleep.

The next morning Oscar picked me up and we headed the the Marie Reich Aerodome for the flight over the Nazca lines with Nazca Travel Air. It was a great experience and I loved it. It is a bit like a roller coaster ride as the pilot made steep banks so that both sides of the plane gets a good view of each line. It made some people on the plane queasy. If you don't like getting on a roller coaster, this is not for you. Though to see the lines and to have the experience ... it is worth it.

After the flight, Oscar took me to the Chauchilla necropolis and that was amazing. The drive there through barren terrain and stark landscape was awesome. The necropolis and restored cemeteries were great. Oscar guided me through the cemetery with helpful and knowledgeable commentary.

Finally, Oscar dropped me off at the bus terminal for me to catch my bus back to Lima and more interesting conversations with fellow travelers. At Lima, I was met by Neilo and he took me back to my hotel.

Its a great hassle free package for someone like me: new to Peru, limited time and set agenda, with virtually no Spanish skills.

Visited November 2011
21 Thank EngYew
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“trustworthy, can accomodate high demand clientele”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

We asked for a full care, 2-day trip from Lima to Nasca and back. Since my Verified-by-Visa 3 credit cards did not do the transaction for $1,300 - the only way to pay was a wire transfer. So, I took the chance with Mystery Peru. From that moment you cannot get your money back. So, I was somewhat jittery. But the representatives showed up at our hotel to the minute. The car was comfortable and reasonably spacious. The guide Ernand was super-attentive, accommodating, and with good English skills. The driver Manuel was confident and skillful. I was very interested in the mystery of Nasca Lines and wanted to ensure the overflight not only over Nasca but also over Palpa lines. Sometimes due to air traffic, fog, and strong winds the flights were canceled in the past, so the owner Enrique Levano agreed to charter the plane for me for two days at no extra charge - just in case the first day would be to no avail. Since the Cessna was all to myself I was able to change the standard flight Plan to my special interests. Pilots agreed and what a whole hour flight it was! The pilots finger pointed to each geoglyph in the desert. Although they rolled the plane almost vertically to direct view straight down to the lines - I never felt I am lining to my side due to their great skill to keep the down-force always along my spine. Enrique has reserved for us the best hotel in town - Casa Andina. Unfortunately a close-by house had a bunch of pheasant roosters in heat. They screamed all night long. My wife complained to Ernand, and he relayed the problem to the boss. Without expecting much on this nuisance suddenly Ernand announced that our visit to the private Antonini Museum will be free of charge and as a special bonus, I got to see the lines up-close and even get there on foot. Plus, Enrique let us use the car and crew all day to our liking. On the way from Lima we stopped at a beautiful Oasis with a great restaurant. I felt Enrique is a very respected man among local authorities and that made us feel comfortable and protected some 400 mi away from Lima. On the way back Ernand got us to a great resort at Paracas, 8km off the Pan-American Road. What a restaurant he has recommended! The fish gets there right from the boat we could see from the beautiful terrace along with the Ocean and far islands. The next stop was half hour later for real the European coffee and out-of-this-world pastries. (We had such only in Avignon in France and at St. Marten island)
Great trip, great care.