All reviews the bus nazca lines one night swimming pool basic room noisy at night the cruz del sur bus station nice hotel nice garden directly across the street hot water pollo sit outside breakfast buffet hotel is located two nights fresh fruit
Reviewed April 7, 2017

The best thing about Hotel Alegria is its location in front of the Cruz del Sur (Cruzeiro) bus terminal, next to the Alegria tours office. It is a tourist hotel, maybe a bit dated. My room was on the small size (average for Peru). It was clean and patronized by tourists and groups, reasonably priced. Breakfast was included in the rate but pretty average, nothing fancy.

My timing was rather unfortunate. The bus was an hour late coming into Nazca, arriving around 10 pm instead of 9 pm. Just as I was dozing off, a party just broke out at midnight for about an hour. Early in the morning before 6 am, there was a group serenading a special person. That special person turns out to be the owner of the hotel. It was her birthday. I guess my only advise to people thinking of staying at this hotel, is to avoid Mar 5/6 if you want to get some sleep.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2017

Single traveler, treated like a rock star, as I didn't completely grasp how close this hotel was to the bus station, tour company, and town center.

I was greeted by a gentleman named George ( at the station, excellent English, and would be my guide for the aqua ducts, mummies, and Cahuachi in a sand buggy), he directed me across the street, and absolutely in no more than 20 minutes, was on my way to view the lines, and the wait at the airport was minuscule as well. ( I arrived 630 am, night bus from Arequipa)

I was in the process of making the reservation to both, while in Peru, and a young lady
Marita, helped me every step of the way, even going as far to call and let me know of a time change to the English tour of the Reiche observatory that night!

My bus was late the following morning, and they allowed me to eat breakfast, even after checking out. I don't remember a charge for the eggs, but b/t the meat, cheese, bread, and the several options of fresh fruit, I didn't need any.

I did the second tour b/c I was skipping Huacachina, and was extremely glad I did!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 12, 2017 via mobile

Walking around this hotel any time of day and you will witness someone cleaning, be it the gardener, a maid or some other people ensuring there's no spider nets around the lights.
Breakfast is very minimal.
Pool and Patio are very nice

It seems there are some rooms in the back (with no view to the garden and pool) that really look *terrible*. (I guess during high season they might also be occupied.)

Beds we're good.
It's not very well sound isolated, you might hear birds chirping in the morning or your room neighbors passing by. Was nonissue for me.

I recommend the place.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. We paid $70 per night. The hotel looks very nice and service was great. They are directly across from the bus station abd 4 blocks from the plaza de armas ( main square). Rooms and bathroom were spacious and clean. They have a breakfast buffet with coffee, tea, fruit juices,fresh fruit, eggs, toast, ham, eggs, jelly and butter.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

The place is right in front of the bus station. Clean but basic rooms. Breakfast is good and the hotel is clean. Restaurants and shops walking distance and a five minute walk to the main plaza and road. Good tour guide shop next door and chicken restaurant close by was great

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple