“Just marvelous!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Here I had the best shrimp 10 years ago and this year I visited again, and again I had the best fish of my life. It is absolutely amazing. The chef cooks with love, the meal is done with love and you can actually taste the difference. What a marvelous experience, it is not just food it is an experience in itself. Excellent, pure pleasure!

Reviewed 11 October 2015

The Seafood platter for 2 is a dream. The place is very small (3 tables inside, 3 tables out) and is extremely popular so best to get there early or late. We sat outside under the arch which is the perfect setting for a romantic meal. It is run by a husband and wife duo who provide a fantastic personal service which we tend not too find in the bigger restaurants. We sat down and were given a couple of shots of rakki, this was repeated at the end of our meal along with a basket of fruit and biscuits all of which were complimentary. If you are a seafood lover this is a must, i'm not sure about the other dishes as both times we ate there we couldn't look past the seafood platter for 2. AMAZING

1  Thank freethy
Reviewed 11 October 2015

My favorite thing about Konoba Knez was it's owner, who is also the chef, the waiter and the host. For all I know, the fisherman, too. He did all of these jobs well, which (anyone who's ever worked in a restaurant will appreciate) is not an easy thing to do.

Great food, relaxed atmosphere, no rush. I'm glad we sat inside - it was fun to watch him cook and probably more relaxing than sitting in the narrow (though pretty) streets with tourists bumping by. His specialty is this platter for two (photo attached), which was excellent. Probably the best fish we had in Montenegro, and we ate a lot of good fish. I'm not very into white wine, but he said the house one was good, and it seemed fine to me.

My second favorite thing about this restaurant are the handful of people who left reviews about how the service was too slow. Keep looking! You'll be back on your cruise before you know it.

Have to admit - I wasn't crazy about Budva. There are much prettier and more relaxing places (Kotor Bay). Even in late September, Budva's a little too crowded and touristy for me. Not sure I'd go back, though Konoba Knez would definitely be the first stop if I do. Thanks

1  Thank rprose_10
Reviewed 13 September 2015

We found this little place by chance while loafing around in Budva old town and it charmed us. Took the chef`s advice for seafood and it was excellent! The fish platter for two, the atmosphere there, the attentive service by the owner seemed worth for repeating and so we did. The best food experience during a week in Montenegro.

1  Thank Maarit A
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

If you love seafood it's a must! Seafood patter for two. Very local and so nice to get away from the tourists and have great local seafood. And definitely not expensive for what you are getting. A must for anyone visiting or living in Budva!

2  Thank Brent C