See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 28, 2016 via mobile

I spent a week in this hotel with my friend and we felt ourselves very welcome in here! Staff is super friendly, helpful and their hospitality is on point. Food was tasty and affordable. Breakfast was included during our staying and it was also really nice – you can choose what you want and waiter will bring you what you asked! We really enjoyed our vacation and we are really glad that we chose this hotel. I definitely recommend this place!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Aliisla
Reviewed September 25, 2013

When we arrived we were greated by a very friendly bloke who after the neccesary formalities took our lugge=age to the room while I introduced myself to their beer.Its ok but not real ale.The hotel is about 4-5 min walk from the sea, past a number of plesent bars and restaurents.The food (we had half board )was very good,different but ver,do not eat with your eyes was what my mum said ,she was spot on.. All meals were good.The first meal was Beef with cabbage,did not
look to clever but tasted excellent..Don't eat with your eyes ,use your mouth ,was what my mum used to say.All meals consisted of a soup starter ,all tasty but different,a main,all full of flavour and a small sweet we had ice cream and or pancakes most nights.Service was first class.
Our room 304 was large with a very roomy ballacony,plenty of storage,and a comfortable bed,alough the pillows were a bit large for the wife.The pool was clean but a bit cool,most of the time we spent on the various beaches ,a bit stoney some ,but for 8 euros a pair of beach shoes solved the problem,and will be with us in future.The old town 20 mins walk along the prom is worth a visit with some good views from the town walls,.loads of little shops(bit dear) and good restaurents and cafes..

Room Tip: 304 excellent
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Terry G
Reviewed July 23, 2013

A small friendly hotel, with delightful staff, a lovely pool and sun terrace, where towels were put out on the sunbeds and replaced after use. It's a brisk 10 minute walk to the sea front and a further 10 mins to the Old Town. Our room was clean and well-equipped, the main drawback being that our balcony was immediately above the hotel's noisy air conditioning unit, and immediately overlooked by the apartment in close proximity opposite, meaning that to keep out the noise and keep our privacy we had to keep the window and shutter closed all the time. Also we had to ask for a plug for the basin, and our only bedding (apart from the bottom sheet and pillows) were 2 single duvet covers! And they don't like you using the mini-bar for your own drinks.

But the food was totally unacceptable. At breakfast the hot food was cold and congealed, and the cold food was not chilled. As it is a small hotel, it is understandable to have to chose your evening meal the night or morning before, but then you would expect some effort to be put into the food when they are preparing so few dishes, but none was. We had the same soup at least 4 times, regardless of what we had chosen or was on the menu, and the very worst meal was soup, sliced green pepper, a plate of potatoes with a tiny bit of meat (supposedly moussaka) and an apple! The main courses improved slightly towards the end of the week and there was occasionally a choice of something other than fruit or ice cream for dessert. But even then the food does not deserve any stars, let alone 4. It was the worst hotel food we have had for over 30 years, when we could only afford a cheap and nasty hotel! The redeeming factor was that we ate outside on the terrace, and the wine was cheap!

Room Tip: Hotels at the front of the hotel are probably smaller, but quieter. If you're given Room 106, ask to move somewhere quieter
4  Thank Dlynnec
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The previous two reviews I can totally agree with as we had the same experience. When we arrived and checked in we were given our room key and left to our own devices no help with luggage although some man appeared went to lift the cases and then put them back down and disappeared. We also were given a menu to pick out dinner for that evening. Which was badly typed on a4 paper with very limited choices. When we got to our room we discovered it had no balcony just a window overlooking the very busy street apparently this is what is classed as a good view NOT. When we asked in reception could we have a balcony room they said we did not request one and the hotel was fully booked. I am a world wide traveller and have never had to book a balcony in my life. The food in the hotel was so bad you just could not have eaten what was served truly it was inedible, we had to eat out as the couple of times we did eat there we ended up with really bad stomach pains, so we had paid quite a bit for half board and were out more expense with eating out. which we had not budgeted for most definitely not a 4star hotel

Room Tip: if you choose this hotel request a balcony
2  Thank gregg m
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The review written by the traveller from Glasgow in June 2013 could have been written by ourselves! We just returned last night after one weeks stay at this hotel and I can honestly say it is the worst hotel ever. We stayed half board and belive me it wasnt cheap so we hadn't budgeted for buying meals out but we had to to survive. Breakfast a disgrace - food that was meant to be warm was cold and on the opposite end of the scale food that is meant to be kept cold for safety reasons was luke warm in the non refridgerated conditions! The limted choice in evening meals resembled either baby food or vomit! and when you just couldnt face another mouthful you were asked by, I presume the same waiter as in the other review, did we not like? so it got to be be it made us very on edge. The hotel appeared to be cleanish but yes did stink of smoke! The staff were friendly enough but then thats what they are paid for and I expect they put in a bit further effort for tips but im afraid tips did not come readily to us for handing out. Also we didnt have air conditioning for 2 days and it wasnt in lack of effort in complaining to the staff - we were told that the general air conditioning wasnt working but they were working on it! For the money we spent on this holiday we could have been maybe somewhere else in a far superior hotel. As soon as I get my case unpacked I shall be making my complaint to Thomas Cook!!

2  Thank Edie c