All reviewsintrepid toursri lankanice poolnice sizeair concolonial stylebusy roadthe hotel is cleanpacked breakfastlobby areawestern dishesmain roadbase for exploringperfect place to staystayed one nightvisit dambullatasty food
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Because I am a person that relies on feedback and reviews, I must say that our experience was below what is expected from any restaurant of à hôtel around the world. Our kids have strict dietary restrictions and the restaurant was asked for all day dining menu. The pasta on it has two options out of which both are with cream sauce. I asked them if the chef can assist in preparing some pasta with plain tomato sauce and I was brought pasta with catch up. Extremely disappointed considering that in the restaurant they serve lunch buffet, I came across 4 waiters that spoke English and only one other family dining in it. When prompted for clarification, there was no excuse and the bill for my pasta with ketchup was 1200 Rupiah (about 8.5 USD?) I would highly recommend avoiding it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

A group of us ate in the restaurant as we were staying in the hotel. I had the worst restaurant food of my life there., so did the other guests. 2 had prawn fried rice and I had the noodles. All 3 dishes contained only 3 small prawn tails. We did not have a whole prawn between us. My noodles were just an instant packet of noodles which had not even been properly hydrated. Avoid this place at all costs and do not let your tour guide persuade you to eat here

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Gimanhala, Front Office Manager at Gimanhala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2018

Mr/ Ms. Christien,

We are really sorry for what you had to face @ our restaurant.
wish you could fixed it if you make a complain on the same time.
any way it is our responsibility to make sure our guests get what they request in proper standard.

Will definitely look into this matter.

Reviewed March 9, 2018

Shower was OK, Wifi OK, good room, internal balcony to sit out. We had a packed breakfast as leaving early which was very good and filling.Staff pleasant. In the town, shops and restaurants within walking distance, we ate at Hotel Tinaya nearby which was very good.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for commenting on us.
Best of luck !

Reviewed March 9, 2018

I traveled in a group and spend 1 night at this hotel; it is really nice, colonial style, you can spend time in the garden, a nice small shop offers a lot of nice things. Most of us regretted not staying there longer.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Ms. Lora,

Wish you could stayed with us more longer.
Hope you'll visit us again.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

During Sri Lanka trip,it was a bad day for us being vegetarian. We went to few restaurants but could not get Indian vegetarian meal. Than our driver guided us to this restaurant. They agreed to provide us potato vegetable ,daal curry with Paranthas,tomato soup. Average taste. But their bill was too high LKR3600. As there was no menu to check prices for these items.
Probably they charged more than their buffet prices.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank AnilAggarwal

Mr. Anil,

As we know you can't find good places to have Indian food in Dambulla unless you go to some five star Hotels.
Seem that our F&B team had put their best effort to make you and your group satisfy. Therefore they have provided some Indian food which was possible within short time.
Anyhow on talking about 'pricing', its better to calculate backward with number of pax in your group. Otherwise Rs. 3600/= is bit high amount for 'per person'.