The Plantation Villa
US$74
  • Breakfast included
AVANI Kalutara Resort(Kalutara)
  • Pool
All reviewsayurvedic treatmentsyoga teacherdetox packagedaily yogasteam baththe main housesurrounded by natureweight lossyoga hallayurveda retreatlife changing experienceamazing yogaleft feelingother guestsrubber treeslocal staffbusy life
Reviewed September 18, 2017

I have spent 22 days in PV and did the full Panchakarma, the whole experience was a bliss… The Villa and surrounding are really peaceful, the food is really good. The massages felt really good, and you can definitely feel that the staff put its heart doing them. Everybody is really nice and do one’s best for you to enjoy your stay.
I was not into yoga at all but I really enjoyed it and since I’ve seen such a improvement between the begin and the end of my stay I signed up a yoga class when I came back. I also spend a lot of time in the really nice pool, either swimming or enjoying a nice chat.
Last but not least, I’ve met and spend great time with really sweet people from all around the world.
It’s been a month since I am back, and I am still amazed by the results, I don’t crave for sugar anymore and healthy diet is now feels so natural to me that I don’t even miss all the junks and keep practice yoga every morning.
I would definitely recommend Plantation Villa to everyone who looks for a quiet and meaningful moment of reconnection with oneself.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2017

This was my second visit to the Plantation Villa. I went with a specific purpose and the environment and staff supported me to achieve that goal. The facilities including the food met all of my expectations. I spent a few hours every afternoon leaving the property to walk in the jungle surrounding the Villa and the local villages. People were friendly and welcoming. In the 12 months since my first visit there were clear signs of the deforestation problem facing Sri Lanka. I intend to support the Metta Trust, set up by Plantation Villa's management to change this practice. Finally, a wonderful part of staying at Plantation Villa is the diversity of other guests. Sharing their experiences and adventures made for many a fascinating meal time.

Room Tip: Please try and make some harder mattresses available.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Howard B
Reviewed September 6, 2017

I really liked the overall experience I had in the Plantation villa but I think some major improvements need to be done for a property of that type. The Plantation villa is a treatment & retreat center and as such should be a safe place with high quality services. Especially considering the price you paid and the value of those equivalent services everywhere in Sri Lanka.

The whole experience will stay a long-time very good memory mainly because of Catherine, the yoga teacher. She is an amazing woman and inspired me in so many ways. She is here to assist everyone on property and make sure you have the most valuable stay. The yoga sessions, the meditation and the talks are just themselves worth the experience. Catherine, thank you for everything you have done for me. I wish you just the best for your upcoming adventures. May your life be filled with more light and love!

> I had my purge the day after arrival (day 1 of treatment). The only explanations I received was a paper sheet explaining the possible effects. Other than that I was left alone.

> The first room I was given looked like a prison (one tiny bed, no furniture, no net on between the top of the wall and the roof, no WIFI...). I requested to change immediately and I learned a couple of days later that this room used to be a service room... The second room I got still did not have any mosquito net and there was a gap between the wall and the roof so I woke up twice in the middle of the night with big cockroachs on my bed... I asked to change room again and the third room I got was much better

> The spa is not very clean. Massage therapists do not wash their hands between treatments, I am not even sure the towels are changed between two people (especially in the steam bath). All the therapists have very different levels and ways of doing massages. Some do not have any body awareness.

> The brochure said the food was going to be personalized according to your doshas after the doctor's appointment. This is just a lie. Everyone eats exactly the same, even if you are on a weight loss program. I found it really disappointing as this was part of the reason why I came for this retreat. I wanted to learn how to properly feed myself to be in balance. One of the example: I am a Pitta person and not supposed to eat any spicy food. I was served spicy food at every meal...

> I was under the weight loss program. A coach comes 3 times a week but other than that there is no real plan for you and no special dietary. You will still loose weight because of the food and the lifestyle but it will not be addressed personally.

> I asked the hotel for a driver to the airport. I paid full price (65 usd) which was supposed to include the highway around colombo to avoid traffic but the driver did not take the highway all the way. He exited just before Colombo and we were stuck for 45 minutes in traffic. I was not late but I found it very disrespectful when you pay for a service.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank delphinemarie_9
Reviewed August 23, 2017

Excellent yoga teacher & guest meditation guru. The food was amazing and good for the soul. Met some great people on the retreat as well! I also got several treatments from the massage specialist and doctor.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2017

I really enjoyed this experience. I spent there five days and I really wished to stay more. The most I appreciate are the yoga lessons. I found there the best food I ate in Sri Lanka, simple but so tasty. In the evenings they organize meetings among them and the guests (sometimes some special guests) with the possibility to have really intersting and intense moments where to share impressions and experiences, or in-depth analysis of the topics they deal in that place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple