“A place of peace and calm”
other travellers have booked this property
View from the room and sitting area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from the room and sitting area
Swimming pool
Swimming pool and garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Ash D
Sydney, Australia
“A place of peace and calm”
Reviewed May 12, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

My only disappointment was that I only booked 3 nights at this beautiful Villa. I wish I had booked 1 or 2 weeks. I have traveled to Sri Lanka 6 times and this is by far my favourite place. The hospitality shown by the staff was amazing. In particular, Sanjeewa kept the Villa immaculate, the pool so clean and his service could not be faulted. The food was also so delicious - thank you to the wonderful chef. This is such a place of peace and calm, with the sound of the river, the wild life around you and the amazing Villa - all truly beautiful. I will miss this place and the superb hospitality by the Villa staff so much. Thanks to the Aqua Dunhinda team for an unforgettable experience. I will definitely come back again on my next visit to Sri Lanka

13 May 2018
Hi Ash

Thanks you for your stay and your acknowledgement of what’s Aqua D is about. Please keep in touch and look forward to your visit again

Regards

Aiko H
“Sweet home holiday with luxury villa”
Reviewed January 21, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

I stayed Aqua d from 28 Dec through to Jan 2 to spend my new year holiday in Sri Lanka. The way to the villa didn’t seem to be taking me to such a beautiful scenery but once I got there, I forgot my long road trip. I was treated well with a full series of nature and wild little creatures. I enjoyed every morning with different faces of mountain and clouds which were absolutely breathtaking. The staff there was super friendly but very polite and well mannered yet I felt like I was at home.
I really enjoyed spending my time at the pool. It’s not burning hot as the forest gives nice fresh air and winds. The pool is nicely set up and very clean.
The food was very sophisticated and the best dishes I had in Sri Lanka.
Recommend for a getaway and relax holiday in great nature with a homey atmosphere.

22 Jan 2018
Hi Aiko

Thank you for staying with us and being our first Japanese visitor.

See u soon

A TripAdvisor Member
“A gorgeous house in a stunning location, offering peace and tranquility”
Reviewed December 13, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

I spent three blissful days at Aqua Dunhinda, a beautifully designed modern house on a most spectacular setting overlooking a rushing river. It is truly a place of relaxation and retreat, with the sound of the river below as a balm for an anxious soul. And then there are the beautiful birds...

The villa is close enough to Kandy to make it a fine base for exploring the town and its sites (botanical garden etc) but actually from the time we arrived, we did not want to leave the place at all, but just to revel in its glory. The pool is perhaps one of the most beautiful I have ever seen, given how it overlooks the river.

The solicitous staff looked after our every need with a smile, and we feasted on delicious home-cooked meals, with the Sri Lankan cuisine based on the owners traditional family recipes.

It is an ideal house for a family or group of friends looking for a special getaway, far from the madding crowd.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed November 23, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

27 Nov 2017
Thanks Susan for you stay with us.
racel2017
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 24, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We had a great family time here. The space is luxury, the view breathtaking, the pool fun and the food delicious. The staff is helpfully any time and with anything. We did some sightseeing in Kandy and white water rafting and canyon about a hour away. Highly recommended place!

26 Sep 2017
thank you..for visiting us and your kind comments
Ratja-66
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Perfect”
Reviewed August 18, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the beautifull Aqua Dunhinda Villa. The service and the scenery was nothing but perfect. We will definetely come back.
A big thank to the whole staff.

19 Aug 2017
Thanks Radha and family. Great to have u visit us.

Bart Z
merkelbeek
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed July 25, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Pictures really don't do this beautiful place justice. What a spectacular home! This was the perfect end to our trip through Sri Lanka.

Prashan's mom, Sujith and his team did everything in their power to make our short stay here unforgettable and still managed to surprise us with delicious Sri Lankan food we had not tasted anywhere during our trip. The staff was always there when we needed them, with smiles and kind care. Even with Sanjeeva's unexpected absence, Sujith and his team did a perfect job in making sure everything was comfortable for us.

We will definitely be recommending Aqua Dunhinda to our friends and family and hope to come back some day.

25 Jul 2017
Thanks Bart it was great to have you both. Look forward to keeping in touch.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing