“Priyamali Gedara”

Priyamali Gedara
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Polonnaruwa
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant is a family owned business open all year round for lunch and dinner. Our business is mainly centered around lunch however we are more than happy to serve dinner to any customers that feel like coming to enjoy truly home sri lankan cooking. All we ask is for people to phone us in advance and let us know that they are coming so that we can start preparing food.
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Great traditional family run restaurant with an excellent choice of Sri Lankan cuisine. The tranquil view of rice paddies surrounding only adds to the experience.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I went for dinner to Priyamali Gedara farmer lunch and there was only me as the place works more for lunch. well, everything was delicious and made fresh for me. As they were cooking they let me in the kitchen to show me how they prepare the food. Amazing traditional coconut sambol and pumpkin curry, and the rest of the buffet was very tasty too. I felt really at home and every member of the staff was very kind to me. Only problem was that my stomach is not big enough to all that tasty food. The place is a bit hidden but worth to be bothered to look for it.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Lovely Sri Lankan assortment of dishes, friendly service, beautiful view of paddy fields & of lush Sri Lankan countryside whilst eating a very nice lunch.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

My family of 7 came here for lunch. I found it off trip advisor.
The food was amazing! Very fresh and beautiful food.
We are from NZ and on our third day in Sri Lanka. Definitely the best food we have had so far.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Our driver/guide took us here and we really enjoyed the food, the friendliness of the team of the staff and the view.

We stayed in 5* hotels while we toured Sri Lanka. However, when it comes to real memories you remember the authentic places like this.
After the meal, I went and visited the kitchen where the ladies showed me how the food is prepared.
It reminded me of my grandmother's relations place in a little village. Mud floor, large cooking services and homely!!

Don't miss this!!