We stayed in Casa Verde during our trip to Bocas del Toro, a choice that was merely based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. Normally I only post positive reviews, but the service at this hostel was so lousy that I felf it was necessary to balance the ratings here. It's only possible to rent a room with a shared bathroom. Which is always taken. I've travelled intensively, and have never had to wait such a long time to be able to go to the toilet or the showers. There's no communal space but the bar downstairs, where you're not allowed to sit unless you order something. The rooms are okay, but not worth the price of $44. The walls are so thin that you can hear what's going on at the other side of the hostel. Most importantly, the service by the crew is really worthless. Upon arrival, we mentioned that we wanted to stay for six nights. After four nights, a staff member dropped by late in the evening, mentioning that we had to leave early next morning. Took a lot of hassle for us to fix this. Really, we don't understand the high ratings of this hostel would discourage you to go here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking for a laid back community atmosphere where it's easy to rest & relax? Among all the great places to stay in Bocas, Casa Verde truly is your best value community house in Bocas del Toro, Panama. Come enjoy life on the water at Casa Verde! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Verde Hostel And Guesthouse
- Casa Verde Hostel & Guesthouse Hotel Bocas Town
- Casa Verde Hostel & Guesthouse Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town