“excellent steak!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Carlos is a wonderful hosts and serves delicious steaks, fish and wine. Try the ceviche, too! It's a very mellow and charming ambience.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We arrived and Carlos (I assume) seated us at once. We decided on 3 filet mignon meals, 2 for my husband and I and 1 order for my kids to split. They don't each much and I don't like giving them "kid food."

Our orders were taken promptly and our food arrived in a timely manner also. When they brought the plates, though, they brought a full meal for each of. "Wow," we thought, "that was sure nice of them to bring full portions for the kids, even though we asked them just to split one."

The service throughout our meal was great and the food was amazing!

I really want to give Carlos 5 stars, but when the bill came, Carlos charged us for 3 meals, but rounded up. We thought that was super tacky. We ordered $45 worth of food and he charged us $50. It's not the $5 that bothers me, it's that he didn't clear it with us first. He gave us more than what we ordered... and then charged us for it. He personally wrote the ticket, so it wasn't a mistake.

Great food, great atmosphere, Carlos is nice, but watch your bill!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you are looking to eat the best steak in Bocas de Toro, you have to visit this restaurant...the white cover table, with the wine glasses and the cutlery in an open space, will give you a great testy meal...the restaurant will serve you a big steak with delicious sides...been visit the restaurant in my holidays and bissnes trips and never been disappoint even with the service...I took many friends, family and bissnes partners to this restaurant to impress them with the food... Good value as well...I always will back...

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just had the one meal here but it was a very good one. Really well-cooked steak with mini-jacket potatoes. Steaks are cooked on a grill next to the outdoor eating area. Carlo is very friendly and chatty. Choose your night wisely as it seemed to be closed some nights. There are cheaper options about but still decent value for the quality of the meal.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We tried several times to go to this restaurant but given the rain in Bocas and the outdoor atmosphere without cover it was usually difficult to find it open! The atmosphere is understandably nice, in the middle of Main Street, open air restaurant looking onto the ocean...how can you go wrong? Steak was mediocre, basically chuncks of meat whacked off of even bigger slabs, cooked over an open flame, only way to do steak in my mind! Baked potatoes was yummy too, but the 1/3 cob of corn was over cooked, soft and tasteless! The thing I found weird was that the owner and his friend sat out at a table on the sidewalk eating, drinking and smoking! The breeze comes from the ocean meaning the cigarette smoke was blowing directly into the open air restaurant, not appealing for a non smokers eating their meals! Service was really unusual, a young man, in a ball cap and jeans did the cooking and the serving, definitely lacked people skills...no eye contact and never asked if we'd like our beverages refreshed, actually, he didn't even offer beverages, we had to ask. It's kind of a bad mix of trying to be a high end Steak House but lacking the resources for it!