“Magnificent stay in Hotel Bocas del Toro”

Hotel Bocas del Toro
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bocas Town
Porto
“Magnificent stay in Hotel Bocas del Toro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Hotel Bocas del Toro is in a perfect location in Bocas, Panamá. It's possible to enjoy the many opportunities and activities that resort may offer in a sense of enjoy pleasant times and a good rest in a high levelled quality and well being condition. I’ll be back, as I did this time. Excelent.

Excelente. Considero o melhor hotel na região.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mvasconcellosx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Hossegor, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

If you wish to spend sometimes IN bocas, it's thé place to choice. Thé location pût you IN thé middle of thé Nice and warm atmosphère of bocas. You CAN easily reach thé ôter Islands every DAY using taxi boat. Like this you havé all thé optons around, and you CAN enjoy thé Night Life with gréât restaurants( pecado or la casbah are m'y favourite'. All thé team is super Nice and Carla who Owns this charming place Will help you for all you could néed.
She dropped me to my yoga session on thé morning, and took me for a very nice walk.
Rooms are super clean.. Just be carefull could be à little noisy at night of you havé your room on thé street.

Room Tip: Sûre thé best option are with thé océan viiew.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bene72
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

To be honest I wrote this letter to the hotels owner and staff a couple of years back, And now thinking about it I should have posted this here on this site instead. But better late than never and I am very excited to be going back this week.

Dear Friends at Hotel Del Bocas,

I never had any intention of coming to Bocas Del Toro. And when I finally decided to visit the Bocas Del Toro, again, Hotel Bocas del Toro was not my first choice. It is only by shear accident that I ended up there and I can now honestly say this was one of the best accidents that has ever happened to me.
The web site is very well assembled, clean, simple and informative. The photos were accurate and helpful in choosing the right room.
From the very first contact via email with the staff, especially Yacira, my experience with your team was top shelf. The dates of my trip were set and unfortunately the room I wanted was not available the first day. This is where your staff began its first step, on what I have come to find out is standard policy at this place. Everyone there goes way above and beyond the call of duty. As the details of my trip were planned and as my stay in this wonderful hotel unfolded my expectations were constantly exceeded. I can say this with all sincerity and that it applies to each member on the team.
Yacira, and the other girls, Denilka and Adele took care of every detail of my trip from connecting me with a first class private charter service (Hunter Schultz of Skymaxx) for my flight from Panama City to the Bocas. To taking complete care of my first night stay aboard a beautiful sailboat under the capable and gracious Capt. Daniel. Each of the daily activities and tours were run by great people. Believe me, I know how hard it is when you begin to recommend others. But it is obvious to me that you are the best and that you only deal with the best. A hard thing to do, but you have it mastered.
We travel very often, about every 4 – 6 weeks. We have stayed in some of the nicest 5 star resorts in Latin America and I can say that without a single exception no place has taken so much of their own time, energy and effort to make certain each part of our journey was the best it could be. Even the parts that did not involve the hotel and thereby the hotel was not being compensated for, it did not matter. The only concern was for our enjoyment. The staff showed me that they truly wanted us to have a great trip. It was a very personal touch that I will never forget. I was truly amazed at the effort Yacira and the others, Adele and Denilka remembered our names each time they saw us, trying to make certain we had a very special trip. We felt as if they were traveling with us and that we were the only customers in the hotel, even though I believe the hotel was very near full. Customer is the wrong word. Guest doesn’t do it justice either. It felt more like we were long lost friends or family. Really, I was blown away. Every time I entered your lobby, be it from my room or from the street I was greeted with a big smile and a kind word.
I had written Yacira several emails prior to my arrival and made many requests for special little gifts each day for a girlfriend and questions on tours etc. Each additional request was receive openly and with a heart felt desire to please us. Really, I never had any sisters growing up but felt that if I did I hope it would have been someone with the joy of life that Yacira, Denilka and Adele showed us every day.
To speak to the actual room it was perfect. My room felt more like my home then any other hotel I have stayed at. It was warm and inviting. The view was fantastic. The bed was a dream and each of the details of the room spoke to the high level of quality and thoughtful design. Again the photos on the web site are perfect and accurate. This is a testament to the great condition, cleanliness and professional/personal approach they take to running this hotel. The cleaning staff was invisible and yet each time we returned to the room it was spotless. They even folded my messy clothes. Again a level of service I rarely get at the best resorts.
I personally did not eat at the restaurant although I did hear good things from the guests that did. I say that they have the coldest beer in town. I absolutely love it when you crack open a bottle and you can actually watch it turn to slush. Now, that is the true test of a cold beer. You simply can not do any better then that and I tested several to be certain.
All in all they have assembled a cracker jack team and they are very proud of each and everyone of them. They each give an impression that nothing is more important to them then the complete and total satisfaction of your guests. They each are very personable and a pleasure to deal with. The only issue we had were the growing pains of a developing island. The minor inconveniences were addressed in a prompt and professional manner. I will highly recommend the Hotel and actually have already begun doing so.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kurt2121
Greeley, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

The Hotel is in a great central location in town and right on the water. They provided us an upgraded room with a private balcony they had a priceless view. There is free wifi that works very well throughout the hotel facilities. The staff was very attentive and the room was cleaned daily. The restaurant had quite possibly the best fish fingers i have ever had. If you go you MUST try them. The service is a tad slow but nothing major and definitely did not tarnish our opinion or experience. The front desk staff all spoke very good english and gave some really good recommendations on activities to do. We went to Starfish beach in Bocas del Drago. This is a MUST DO activity. Its about a 30 min cab or you can take a water taxi. We did a cab and it was $15 each way. Once there you can take a water taxi to the beach or walk. We walked to the beach and took a boat back ($1.50 each) There are some vendors on the beach cooking fresh food and offering cold drinks. We ate some fresh cooked lobster with salad and plantains and it was fantastic. Overall our stay in Bocas was great. You cant beat this hotel for many reasons and Carla the owner is VERY service and detail oriented. We would and will stay here again on our next vacation to Panama.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jeff U
Antigua, Guatemala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was greeted at the front desk with a friendly smile. What a change from the rude service almost wverywhere else in Panama! The whole staff was also friendly and efficient. Stayed in room # 4 on the second floor, a corner room with a nice view. The room was very clean and neat and the wi fi worked perfect. Lots of wood and a boating decor. My room was a decent size, it didn´t feel cramped at all even with a king size bed which was comfortable, with clean sheets.

You can't expect much of a silence in Bocas, as every hotel & restaurant are very close to each other. You can hear neighbors and boats running relatively early in the morning. If you want peace and solitude, look elsewhere. I had a good night sleep, however.

The deck downstairs is beautiful for a drink in the afternoon, for happy hour. Breakfast is decent, but nothing extraordinary. Overall, I had a great experience, above my expectations. Carla, the owner is always around, looking out for you. She is doing a great job.

Room Tip: I enjoyed room # 4 on the second floor, with an ocean view and a balcony. I liked it.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank jcmarcopolo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed here in Jan. 2012. The hotel and the service were excellent. The staff is terrific. A little pricey for the area, but worth it. The rooms were spacious and clean. The continential breakfast was fresh and perfect. The staff is wonderful. Despite being in town you can get a good nights sleep even if you stay in a room on the town-side of the hotel. A room with a patio is definitely worth it too. This is a clean, safe hotel in Bocas. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a patio - it's worth it.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank philhelb
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

The hotel, people, food, service and all were great! We had rooms facing the town and enjoyed our balconies. Everyone was very helpful. Have to say 'Hello' to Colin who was there throughout the week greeting and serving us the best food and drinks! Carla checked on us to make sure we were having a good time. The hotel was just like the pictures with bright colors and lots of native woods. Snorkeled with three companies and had good yet different experiences. All were very friendly. Jampon was just a couple of doors from the hotel. Found an ex-pat bookstore/bar where we were greeted like old friends that we enjoyed visiting a couple of evenings. Everyone was very welcoming and we felt like we were leaving friends when we departed for home. If I go back to Bocas, you know where I will be staying!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the town facing balcony rooms. There was lots of space and nice balconies.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Bocas Paradise Hotel
#7 of 13 in Bocas Town
5.9 km away
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & S...
#1 of 3 in Isla Bastimentos
7.6 km away
Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge
Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge
#5 of 21 in Isla Colon

Been to Hotel Bocas del Toro? Share your experiences!