We rented villa 13.
The good: house is gorgeous and impecably clean. IIts very large with beuatiful granite finishing and nice wood work. The family room & kitchen are huge with a large dinning table for 8 and lots of couch sitting area. A brand new flat screen tv with english programing is a plus for relaxing evenings. Boodrooms and baths are wonderful. The huge porch opening up to an amzing view is beautiful. The pool while small, is very clean and overlooks the oceon as it spills over its infinity finishing.
The bad: First, the property is not finished so many of the other houses are still being built. The roads are also unfinished so driving is hard because the road is so bumpy. But all of this will be finished soon. The other big negative is the amount of incredibly huge bugs everywhere. it makes it impossible to leave the house at night, but hey, this is the jungle, right? Finally, make sure you have purchased food provisions on the main land by day. The restaurant on the island is very poor quality so there really is not much option for anything other than staying in after dark.
I recommend the property, but would wait a bit until the place is fully finished.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Frog Beach offers upscale villas, rooms and Jungle Lodges to rent with private pools and so much adventure to enjoy on Isla Bastimentos. If you like nice beaches and exploring jungle. Awarded at Panama's most beautiful beach and resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Frog Beach Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro