“The cleanliness and comfort of the room”
Review of Hotel Pearl Plaza

Hotel Pearl Plaza
Ranked #263 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“The cleanliness and comfort of the room”
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I love this place so much. Yes, maybe if you don't like noise, or a club feel, then no, you won't like it. Same if you don't like current music. I've been going here since I was little, I love the food, and the place itself. Definetely a must see for teen and young adults. Good service.. a littly pricy, but worth it.pleasure to be there

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Stayed in this hotel with family for 3 days. We made a booking for double bed room via e-mail & got their confirmation, but surprisingly they provided us with a large family room on arrival, as double bed room was not available on that day. Rooms were clean enough. Thanx to Mr. Tegchand, the courteous manager of the hotel. He was always available for service. Location is good, within 5-10 minutes walk from RK Mission marg Metro station. It is situated in Paharganj, but not in the busy market area, so quiet place to stay. Restaurant is on the roof top of the hotel, room service is available. We traveled with our 3 yr old son, and foods were made as per our order. We had to catch the early morning train for Agra from N Delhi station. Location proved to be very helpful, as it takes 5-10 minutes by rickshaw to reach the station. We hired the car from the hotel at very competitive rate for Delhi sight seeing. By mistake I left my purse to the car, and even didn't notice it. Got a call from the driver & he returned it intact. Really helpful & reliable staff. Surely will stay in this hotel during my next trip to New Delhi. Room Rates were on little bit of higher side, but really it is value for money.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2011

Staff were helpful. Situated just off Main Market in New Delhi. Don' t let the title 'market' fool you into thinking there will be lots of things to buy as it's mainly food and essentials. The hotel is good value. Breakfast is served to your room but there is a restaurant just next door.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Grand Bay, Mauritius
Reviewed 21 January 2011

The first thing that hits you smack in the face is that the photos are not truly reflective of the surroundings. Pahar Ganj is like a pot pourri of the dusty Wild West, and people are always in a rush. That said, the market, book stalls and tea shops (Madan's) are great places to visit.
The breakfast offered was very rudimentary; an overoiled omelette served witha grimy plastic fork; I didn't expect Cordon Bleu cuisine but at least something that resembled airline food as a bottomline.
If you are visiting Delhi; fork out that bit extra for comfort; it's definitely dustier than either Mauritus (where I live) or UK (where I grew up). People spit without warning, and air pollution is rampant. Crowds are commonplace, and may be daunting for the first time traveller; I thought that my experiences in Bangkok, and Kuala Lumpur would prepare me for Delhi but I was very wrong; the former two are a comparative walk in the park.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Tynemouth UK
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Despite emails confirming both room booking & collection from the airport - the car & driver never turned up... having got a taxi the night manager then told us he had no room booking for us (despite showing him the confirmation email) & claimed never to have heard of the manager.

He then threw two females out into the street at 2:30 in the morning & told us to come back in the morning.

Utterly disgraceful behaviour. We will never, ever use this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank marknew
South Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 December 2010

Its a nice place with good rooms, 12 noon check out time, with average price 1000 Rs.
But manager is a big whiner and always in bad mood! Later we told him that we checking out at 11 pm, and he agreed. After while he told us, that we need to leave earlier then that and blah blah blah! And during the day we stayed in the room and his staff keep shutting out TV, AC or power. And phone dosnt work, and everytime I have to go down (from the 4th floor) to ask why its off again.
Its 1st and last time I stayed there!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 17 August 2010

This is a lovely place and I will stick to it next time I have to stay in Delhi. Prices are very reasonnable, I paid 1000 rupees and I believe it is 1200 rupees for a double room, It is in the crazy Pahar Ganj, but not in the middle of it, so not too bad. It is VERY clean, nice and pretty well decorated..I mean simple but it doensn't need more. Staff: very helpful, cabs to the airport too pricy though. It is possible to get one for at least a fourth of the price. They have hot water and the metro is very nearby, although once it is dark, I gues it is better to take a rickshaw as the surroundings of the metro didn't feel very safe.
I definitely recommend it and I think It is worth paying a few more rupees to stay there and be able to have a good night sleep than staying in a hardly cheaper place and stay awake all night... Pahar Ganj IS a noisy and quite dirty place, but this hotel is the best compromise I found so far.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo