“Hotel next to New Delhi Station”
Review of Ginger New Delhi

Ginger New Delhi
Ranked #82 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I reached Delhi with my Daughter for 5 days work and I selected Ginger (IRCTC - Rail Yatri Niwas) Hotel for its proximity to Railway Station. As you come out of the Station through Ajmeri Gate (Platform No. 16) you will see the Hotel. It is situated within the station campus – max 200 metre from end of platform No. 16. The hotel is quite decent and its price is amazing Rs 1700+. Better you book it before you reach New Delhi otherwise you may not get room due to heavy rush at times. The rooms are well maintained including toilet and you cannot complain anything. Just outside the hotel there is an elevator to reach the Metro Station. You will also get hire auto, tax or car just outside the hotel gate. However you have no option for food outside the Hotel. The price of food is moderate to little high. Some items are little spicy. One occasion we ordered veg biriyani but could not eat due to salt added twice in it.

Room Tip: Book room in higher floors
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Ginger H, Manager at Ginger New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear MGOSWAMI,

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. It truly helps us serve you better.

We look forward to your next visit at Ginger Hotels.

Gurdeep SIngh

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I am staying now in this hotel and booked 1 month ago for two night.
However staffs are very unkind and room air conditioner is very noisy. So I can't sleep and complained. but no any solution.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Ginger H, Manager at Ginger New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your feedback has been passed on to the concerned team and we are in the process of investigating and addressing the issue identified by you. We will get back to you soon regarding the same.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

There were no great expectations -- I booked at Ginger on a friend's recommendation ("It's clean") and because it is near the railway station and relatively cheap. The approach is truly horrible -- anyone who has been outside the New Delhi railway station knows what I mean -- a chaos of traffic, people, filth and no way of telling how to reach the hotel (clearly visible in the neat distance when you come out on the Ajmeri Gate side of the station). It's advisable to hire a porter or an autorickshaw or something, to get you there. Far less suffering.

But once you enter the gates, suddenly it is another world: screened off by a row of closely planted Ashoka trees, the open area in front of the hotel building is quiet and clean, the foyer is peaceful, cheerful and orderly.

The doormen welcomed me with friendly smiles, and the young people at the reception were equally welcoming and helpful. Seeing I was alone, they sent someone to take my bags and show me my room.

The room was simple and bare, but clean and comfortable, with a working AC, lights, a good bathroom (very clean) and a superbly comfortable chair at the desk, where I worked every day. The wifi worked, as did the mini fridge (after the first defunct one was quickly replaced).

Every time I came down to the lobby or went to the restaurant for a meal (pretty good food), I was greeted warmly and quickly served. The young staff at the reception helped me with a problem I had with my mobile, and any other little problem I I placed before them.

All in all, good value for your money, and pleasant experience as well. I shall be staying at the Ginger again, very soon.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The service is very good and the staffs are very polite. They have a big variety of food to eat and I can confirm that it tastes delicious. I can only recommend you this hotel. Hope you will enjoy your stay as much as I did.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Ginger H, Manager at Ginger New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
As a valued guest, we appreciate your inputs and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.
Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our services. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We visited Delhi in first week of April. We did thorough analysis before booking Ginger IRCTC yatri nivas. We were 2 families and looking for rooms under rs 2000. Though there were many options in and around New Delhi railway station, we went for Ginger owing to its brand name. We were not disappointed, the rooms though bit tiny, were more comfortable with all basic amenities one would look for. All rooms were provided with a thermos, instant coffee, tea and milk power and bottled water. The best part is having a restaurant within the hotel. The food was fine and you have varieties to choose from. The service was excellent and prompt. My suggestion to travellers to Delhi would to book well in advance.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Ginger H, Manager at Ginger New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Sujathik,

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Good hotel in delhi and near new delhi railway station . All staff so good and good checking by staff so I like for safety and food also good for eat . Thanks for all staff and I give good point for the same

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Gourav A
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

It was very nice stay with Ginger hotel. Good location very near to New Delhi Railway Station.
Hotel is providing every basic amenities & facilities.
Staff is very courteous and always ready to help especially manager Salman helped us a lot during my stay.
Will come back again, highly recommended to all.
Thanks a lot Team Ginger.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Ginger H, Manager at Ginger New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Rahul,