Hotel The Royal Plaza
US$105
US$205
US$149
Agoda.com
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$295
US$140
US$115
Trip.com
  • Pool
Hotel Hari Piorko(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$21
  • Restaurant
US$67
US$54
2,766 results
All reviewsguest relationsconnaught placebeautiful lobbypool sidespecial thankschinese restaurantindia gatecentral delhithe heart of the cityfront office staffbusiness tripbuffet breakfastcomfortable roomsroom service ismetro stationruchiaman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Hotel The Royal Plaza is situated close to connaught circle and New Delhi Lutyens.

The rooms are very small and are convenient only for business travellers with small baggage. For families travelling with children on a vacation this is not the place. There is hardly any space for extra bed and space to keep the bags. Also I had to remind the room service twice to keep additional towels and water bottles since we were a familly of three.

The morning buffet breakfast was extraordinary with a large Continental, Indian and Chinese menu.

Its a good hotel for those travelling on short business trips.

Room Tip: If one is carrying additional bags, ask for suite room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was my first visit to this hotel and i really didn't know about its services at all. I was there with a mixed feeling. At arrival when i entered the lobby i needed assistance with by bags and could not find any bell boy in my vicinity. I was greeted by the lady manager Ms.Prity and she immediately assisted me with by baggage and helped me doing an express check-in. She was very courteous to explain all the restaurants and the facilities in the hotel.
The hotels USP is its location and the City center is very close by. I would recommend this hotel to the people visiting Delhi. The stay here was indeed a value for money and was complemented by excellent services.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2012

A great hotel that also has a super pool area.
The internet is rather expensive though.
The staff were fantastic wit their assistance and are sure that they are just as good with everyone.
The room was comfortable with SUCH a comfy bed but a bit on the small side if you have more than one large suitcase.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adventurers049
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I arrived at Royal Plaza only to find out that my bag is missing from the taxi which I took from Grand hotel. I thank Mr Sandeep who helped me in tracing out my lost baggage. The hotel from what I have seen is excellent and I am extremely happy that I chose this hotel.
My stay here at the hotel has been excellent quick check in ,welcomed by 6 girls on the main door with a candle and a welcome drink.. This is amazing you feel like a queen awesome hotel. The staff, the restaurants and the facilities are first class. Abhimanyu , Umesh and a smart suited Hotel Manager were excellent in assuring me that lost bag in the taxi will be traced as they have security system in place where they record numbers of all the cars exiting the hotel.. They work at the reception and ensured that every detail was perfect. They are a credit to the hotel. The food in the restaurants was terrific.. I would not hesitate in using the hotel again where I feal safe and secure when I return. If you are wanting to do a tour of the city be sure to ask the Concierge .
When I was booking to come to Delhi I was not sure which Hotel to book, I had actually booked Shangre-La and changed to the Royal Plaza instead I am very happy that my decision was perfecttttttttttt I did and I look forward to when I return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Suites are nice
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Hcarmel
Reviewed 6 April 2012

It has a grand reception and the first sight of the reception itself can build expectations of the quality of the stay. But that was not the case. This was the first hotel that took almost 20 mins for completing the check-in formalities (while we were the only guests at the reception) and also deducted the amount from my credit card for the stay. The manager and the staff were more responsive that made up for the response lapse at the reception.
After leaving the lobby I thought a grand room awaits me, but to my disappointment there was a small pentagonal room with an average quality bed and very little area to move around. The work desk area was too cramped and the room is quite dimly lit. The bath and toilet area were clean but not sparkling clean. Even the towels and linens were pale.
The food however was quite good and the spread for dinner as well as breakfast had Indian and Continental dishes.
The hotel had a good gym and the spa too looked good. The best part of the hotel and perhaps the best room of the hotel is the 'aroma shower' and the steam room that was complimentary. The aroma shower could be the only other reason to stay in the hotel again.
The hotel has a lot of foreign guests and thus focuses on B&B packages catering to foreign tourists. Overall the rooms were a complete disappointment but made up with the quality of food.
In conclusion the experience was not awesome but not bad. There are other hotels that can provide better rooms at lower prices.

Room Tip: The higher floors have spectacular views and the hotel is quite happy to provide rooms at higher floors without extra cost.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business