Hotel Aura
US$96
US$111
US$88
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

US$165
US$132
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$281
US$98
US$69
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Godwin Hotel(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$25
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstravel desknew delhi railway stationexecutive roompaharganj areathe hotel staffstreet noisebudget hotelconnaught placehotel is situatedclean hotelmain bazaarfront officeindiajacuzzindlsrammr
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Hotel Aura is right on a strip of hotels and is value for money, if you are looking for clean accommodation then this is the place. The service is also very good but the breakfast leaves a lot be desired. The hotel exchange rate was the best around. Don't ask them to book your taxis as they will find the nearest driver and make a small cut for themselves, Try and find one, also put a padlock on your bags this is nothing to do with the hotel, it's when you step out in the surrounding areas an innocent bump might leave you with you passports and money missing. Overall good hotel for what you pay and good base to travel from ti the Golden triangle. The best thing was that the let us use their facilities for local calls and there computer fir information which is very kind and made the experience better. Ps I may have left a jacket there if you find it can you let me know,

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Ishtraveller
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in Hotel Aura for 3 nights.

It was our first trip to India and needless to say the taxi ride from the airport to the hotel was terrifying!

The hotel is in a good location 5 mins walk from the train station and a short rickshaw ride from Connaught place (beware of the scammers, all of which seem to have a girlfriend in Sheffield or Scotland).

For £30 per night, the hotel was good value and a welcome respite from the often overwhelming streets of Delhi. The room was a good size and the bathroom was nice and modern, although the hot water was temperamental and often non existent. The only downside was the noise - the street itself is quite noisy (despite not even being in a room facing the road) and as we had the room at the top of the stairs on the first floor, the reception was also noisy at night.

The food (dinner and breakfast) was really good, decent value, and in a nice restaurant on the 4th floor. Beware that they might overcharge you - they did this one night to us, so be careful to check the bill. Staff were friendly and polite.

Overall, a few niggles, but couldn't expect a whole lot better for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sjenkins1987
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This place was cheap, and in an ok location which is in its favour, though you'll still need to get a taxi to Connaught. I was provided with a windowless room which I complained about and was told in no uncertain terms by the hotel staff was all I was going to get.

The room was basic, but ok, I booked through a corporate travel agent who had a room inventory (presumably provided by the hotel) that promised all kinds of fanciful things including fax machines in every room. You do not get a fax machine, I didn't even have a window. You can make local calls but not international ones so it isn't really suitable for business travellers who dont 'want to use their mobiles.

It looks nicer from the website than it is, fixtures and fittings are wearing, random electrical wires hang down from poorly installed lights in the bathroom and so forth.

Hot water is intermittent at best. They seem to turn it on until about mid morning and then you're out of luck.

Service is indifferent. Attempting to get an iron from the staff was a total fiasco that took over an hour one night and involved me having to stand over them at the front desk after I got fed up of them telling me "five minutes". When the iron did arrive it smeared black gunk over my shirts. Not good enough when you're tired after a very long day at work and just want to get your head down.

At one point the handle to my bathroom door fell off, rendering it unopenable. Fortunately I was on the outside, eventually they had to shoulder it open.

There is an average restaurant on the roof.

The Do Not Disturb sign has little meaning to them and they will bang on your door repeatedly and then phone you to complain, if you have it out when they want to get in. I found this very frustrating when I was trying to get some sleep in the afternoon when I had just touched down after a 9 hour flight.

In the end I thought I should get a "Please disturb me" sign as they would have more luck doing that.

I would not stay here again as a business traveller, if you're a tourist and want somewhere ok and inexpensive, and arent expecting much in the way of service or hot water, then it would probably be ok.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank ruggedtoast
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This hotel is Good but can do better. Service was Perfect but need changes in Management.
Value of Money is quite good.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank silvia s
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is the second times I stayed this hotel. I can't believe all the people remember me and still give us the best services. The location of hotel for traveling or business is very convenient!! All the people are very nice and friendly. Thanks for your services. Love you guys!!!!

Wish can visit India soon, and will choose the same "Top" star hotel. :)

Happy New Year!!!