“Just average Hilton property”
Review of Piccadily Hotel

Piccadily Hotel
Ranked #335 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 14 June 2012

The location is not perfect but it could be good for buisness stay in the city. For tourist not to recommend. The hotel is in a quite good condition but it's not new property and some refreshemnt should be make in the near future. The roomm was spacious and claen but there was no free wifi. The staff at fornt deks were generally quite polite but not very friendly. The breakfast good but overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us is highly appreciated and the time taken to provide me with these details is of utmost importance to us. Issues highlighted by you are shared with the concerned departments so that corrective measures can be taken.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerely, Rubal Chaudhry, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,271)

Reviewed 12 June 2012

After an overnight flight from the UK, a recognisable brand was a welcome start to our tour. Check in was smooth but of all the hotels we stayed in, Hilton were the only ones who insisted on taking a credit card imprint. In India?? I don't think so! A travel money Mastercard was offered and accepted, albeit begrudgingly.

Room, meals all as expected, a slight service glitch at dinner but dealt with to our complete satisfaction and more than made up for at breakfast.

The shopping mall just outside the gates gave a taste of things to come during the tour and is a good introduction to the Indian culture. Metro Station also just outside the gates making access to the City Centre quick and easy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David H

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We would like to thank you for your positive comments about your experience at Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri and hope you will give us another try on your next trip to Delhi.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

For my first time to India, I was glad to be met with an India welcome, and at the same time comforted by the familiar Hilton brand and service. The hotel exceeded my expectations and the customer service was Hilton at its best! The restaurants were not bad, evening meals were expensive, and the staff was a little slow in clearing tables and taking orders, but I was not in a hurry. My bill came with a survey, and I filled it out and returned it with my payment. The floor manager came over right away to apologize and let me know he would take care of the issue, and he did, I did not have slow serve the rest of the time I was there. The breakfast buffet was good, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Granted it was not a typical American breakfast (but then again I am in India and would not expect them to), they did have some favorites from home. The Spa was beyond the best, it was one of the best I have had in a long time. I had a single king size bedroom, and I felt like I was staying in the presidential suite. My bathtub was big and deep enough to swim in, not to mention the walls were glass and you could see into the bedroom from the tub (which meant you could watch TV. while soaking in the tub). If you are adventurous enough to step outside the oasis of the Hilton compound, the subway and a mall are right by the gate. We were with a tour group, so we did not have time to explore our surroundings. If you have never been to India, Delhi is very metropolitan, and fast paced. Hilton was an oasis from all the hustle and bustle. I would stay here again when I come back to India.

1  Thank Cindyg_69ada

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri and especially the service offered at Spa. We aim to sustain a high level of service throughout the hotel and allow travellers such as you, to have a pleasant and hustle free stay.

Thank you once again for your patronage of Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri and we look forward to your longer stay with us on your next trip to Delhi.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

When you visit Hilton, do not miss eating out at the CHYNNA GOLD restaurant. Good ambience, good food and nice service.

Seemingly they had a change in the Chef team and the cuisine is delectably tasty an looks authentic Chinese now.

Try the Clay Pot vegetables and the Blueberry cheesecake to finish it off.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RPSKohli
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you for sharing your experience at Chynna Gold. I am glad to know that you were happy with food and service offered and have shared your positive feedback with our Chef.

We truly appreciate your recommendation of Chynna Gold and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

pathetic service and casual approach of the staff is something one can expect once you check into this hotel. contrary to the other Hilton hotels i have stayed in this one completely comes the last. with dying plants in the room giving the feel of unfreshness to keeping the bath accessories for a single person for a double occupancy (one towel, one bath robe, one pair of room slippers, one soap etc.)
many more complaints but would restrict myself here.

2  Thank whyrobby

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you so much for providing all necessary details.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused. Would like to assure you that this is not indicative of the standards that the hotel maintains and the issue has been highlighted to the concerned departments so that corrective measures can be taken.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

This hotel was the 1st of 5 hotels on our excursion throughout India. It was nice to go to a familiar brand like HIlton. The decor matched Hilton's style, but service was not of the Hilton caliber.

The appointed areas were clean: bedrooms, hallways, and lobbies. I was disappointed with the selection of restaurants and food. Starting with dinner, the restaurants offered Italian and Asian fare at high prices which hold you hostage unless you dare go past the hotel guards to go out into the city center to get food. The breakfast buffet did not have a good balance of Indian and American fare there was a 70/30 ratio. Also service during buffet was lacking we had to wait to be seated, get juice, and have our plates cleared.

As a Hilton Honors member I was not acknowledged at the front desk after showing my card.

Overall the hotel stay was good and it was nice to see a familiar brand away from home. The food service could use some improvement.

Room Tip: Go into the market to get food cheaper. They have McDonald's, KFC, and Pizza Hut. It is not easy...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Treisha G

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

Your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us is highly appreciated and the time taken to provide me with these details is of utmost importance to us. Your constructive observation will be shared with our team and I am certain will be of great help to us.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to Delhi.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

This is a great Hilton Hotel. It has very lovely and over sized rooms, that are very luxurious and well appointed. The property has several restaurants, which all serve excellent food. There is a lovely swimming pool, and the hotel is very modern and stylish, and very clean and almost brand new.

The staff are wonderful. Every department provided excellent service. Everyone couldn't do enough to help or assist, and were super attentive. I had two rooms at this hotel. One was for my friends, who are recently just married. We have all been living in India for three months at the time we went to the hotel, and my friends hadn't had a chance to have a proper honeymoon since they got married, before they arrived in India. The hotel went out of their way to do a lovely honey moon arrival set-up in their room. We really felt like VIP's during our stay. Staff I hadn't yet met, knew my name, and about my friends honeymoon, and that we were living in India, it was quite lovely.

I booked a Hilton suite for myself, and my friends were in an Executive room. My suite was really very lovely, and beautifully clean, spacious, and well maintained. Would highly recommend this room. It was really very comfortable and quiet, and very nicely decorated. My friend's executive room was also really very spacious, and very beautiful. One thing that impressed us all was how quiet the rooms were. They had really thick doors that seemed to really make the rooms feel very private and quiet.

The executive lounge was also very lovely, and the staff there great. We had the choice to have breakfast in the lounge, or in the main restaurant, as part of my Diamond on property benefit. Both breakfast were very impressive, and had excellent food and service. The canapes and beverages served in the evenings were also of an excellent standard.

After reading some of the reviews on Tripadvisor, I was a little unsure what to expect at this Hilton, as it was my first Hilton stay in India. I really am suprised at some of the negative reviews, as everything about the hotel we found truly excellent. I have stayed in many Hilton's worldwide, and this was definitely one of the better Hilton stays I have had. This was a true 5 star hotel experience in every way for us.

Great Hilton Hotel in New Dehli. An Oasis of luxury and comfort. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All rooms are very spacious and well appointed at this hotel -- executive lounge floor is a nice ext...
3  Thank BMOL

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri.

We are pleased to hear that your experience at the hotel was enjoyable. We greatly value feedback such as yours helps to further meet and exceed the expectations of our guests.

Thank you once again for letting us know your views and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.