“family”
Review of Piccadily Hotel

Piccadily Hotel
Ranked #402 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

excellent place to stay and dine.we had lunch on 19 august and breakfast on 20 august and the captain Deepak Yadav along with Nikhil Dharvesh Kundan Ranjeet Naveen were excellent in their services and mannerisms.i m a regular visitor here and would love to keep coming .the pool is good.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Piccadily2015, Front Office Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time and sharing your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.

I'd like to thank you for your kind words of appreciation about our services and facilities. We strive hard to deliver an exceptional experience to all our guests and your review is the perfect validation of the same. The entire team is delighted to receive your feedback on service and grateful to you for acknowledging their efforts.

I hope you will continue to patronize us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,
jayesh.borkar@piccadilyhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Visited about a week back, the reception staff was co operative and did his best to check us in but another traveler pestering him to attend a phone call to get something done against me hotel policy. The staff handled in a good way. Upgraded my room for the wait. I feel some more training shall assist in dealing with these situations.

The restaurant needs some good training waiters as one person was not willing to serve something on the table for some while for others was available. Anyway my table was later attended by another staff once I showed him my displeasure.( I don't want to name the staff).

Place is well connected by metro and has a good market adjoining which gives taste if Delhi and shopping.

A good place for a stay over but I feel more improvement can be done.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Piccadily2015, Front Office Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time and sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor highlighting the areas that made your stay enjoyable as well as the areas that need improvement.

Unfortunately we could not live up to your expectations in certain areas. Your feedbacks have been shared with the concerned departments and please be rest assured that we have already started working on it.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience faced. I have taken your feedback with utmost seriousness with the concerned Head of Department for counseling and training of our employees.

It is from feedback like yours that we learn and grow.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The entrance and lobby was looking good to offer a pleasant stay, but all ended as I checked in. One after another.

As I walked through the corridor, saw broken fire extinguisher and untidy joineries.

The first look of the room as I entered was nice as the housekeeping kept it neat and clean. But again started encountering some very bad experiences..

No Wifi for two days!!!

First and most important was that I was left without a Wifi for two days, a nightmare as I was completely isolated with no contacts by any means. Whenever I contacted the support team, first they would reply its working and I need to restart my laptop and mobile phone. Then when I say I have done all these, they confirm with IT Dept and say the servers are down, will be up in next two hours. Unfortunately, it was not rectified till the moment I checked out after two nights. I was depending my roaming data to a certain limit to overcome the situation.

Secondly of all, I was surfing the TV channels to get some local news ( though I am not interested in entertainment shows in TV, I was looking to get the news, especially with no wifi) there were no regional packages subscribed making the stay even worst)

No local English daily delivered to the rooms

moving forward...

1. The towels in the washroom were not fresh enough, very old towels ( white towel had started getting yellowish) they were running past their life
2. Didn't get enough hot water for shower.
3. WC had neither hygiene spray nor a bidet. (when I contacted the reception to change the room for the above reason, to my surprise, they told all the rooms are with same features only). I requested a bucket and a mug to serve the purpose. the mug delivered was an antique one with broken handle!!!
4. WC had it cement fixing broken, shaking while using it.
5. Bathroom ceramic and steel taps were way old, I couldn't find any single piece of chrome fixtures with it original standard finish.
6. Bathtub water outlet cap had no chain puller that I had to remove it from the tub to ensure water flows out after shower.
7. No light dimmers were working, and some of the switches in the rooms also were faulty. Electrician was called to the room at late night who also had no option but to switch off that light from his control room.
8. Even the headboard leather was torn
9. Though not to mention as a serious issue, with all above quality I experienced, I want to add the room access system also faced problem. After a long working day, when coming to the room I find this trouble ( it gave problem often) I had to go down the floors to the lobby to have it replaced. No housekeeping or service team were available on the way. Intercom at lift lobby also was not working. ( later I got a complaint from one of my guest who came to meet me that they had to wait almost 15 minutes to connect to my room from the lobby because the phone at reception was busy and other phone at the lobby, right behind the reception counter, was not functioning.

Restaurant 29 was OK, though there were not enough selection of food compare to the charges.

But I must say some dishes including Mughalai style chicken and Amritsari fish fry etc. were outstanding.

Overall, I realized that I entered a wrong place and made my mind not to be here back again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Manzoor S
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for our business conference. This hotel is having a good staff & services. Quality of food is good too. We enjoyed our annual sales meet a lot & we hope this hotel will be providing all the services in a good manner like they do.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Clean hotel, good location and great service.

I could not say more about the service levels. Staff were fantastic and willing to go the extra mile to ensure we had an enjoyable stay.

Would highly recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lenpeterson
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Good points

Decent breakfast buffet
Good helpful staff.. Especially Ravinder who made our stay lovely and should be promoted to manager.
Helpful chefs and friendly restaurant staff who were helpful with our allergy questions and requests.

Bad points

No hot water except at certain times. Even then not very hot. This is a common problem in India.
WiFi unreliable.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

The experience at Piccadily is incomplete without our team who has been trained to provide friendly, attentive and prompt service and pay attention to the smallest details. The entire team is delighted to receive your feedback on service and grateful to you for acknowledging their efforts.

It is from feedback like yours that we learn and grow. I hope you will continue to patronize us and also recommend us to your friends and family.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Piccadily is just located next to Janakpuri (west) metro station. The hotel premise is clean & good. However, had mixed experience from staff, few of staff members were really helpful but few of them were not that patience or courteous. Also, this is one premium hotel wherein outside food is not allowed, only 4 bottles of mineral water were provided in room and toiletries were provided when requested. Breakfast spread was really good & tasty. Surprisingly, the lounge didn't had beer on Saturday night which was very disappointing.

Stayed: July 2017
Piccadily2015, Front Office Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time & reaching out to write your review of The Piccadily, New Delhi and highlighting the areas that need improvement.

It is most unfortunate that you felt offended or inconvenienced when you were not allowed to carry bulk food and liquor to your room in the hotel. I am sure you would appreciate the fact that we are in the business of serving food and beverages however we still allow guests to carry some eatables to their room in case they are travelling from other cities but for local residents allowing bulk food or liquor to their rooms often lead to partying in the rooms which cause inconvenience to other guests.

I am very pleased to read about your feedback on Buffet Breakfast and have shared your feedback with the team as this definitely motivates them to deliver better each day.
Unfortunately, we could not serve you the Beer on Saturday Night, let me assure you this was one isolated incident and not repetitive at all. We hope that you will not hold this incident against us and will give us another opportunity to showcase our Warmth Of Hospitality.

Your feedback is important to us, and we would surely work on all the areas which you have mentioned. We assure you a better experience on your next visit and look forward to welcome you back to the Hotel.