All reviews sunder nagar indian heritage guest house taxi service khan market home base place to stay safe area stayed for two nights comfortable beds boutique hotel nice breakfast air conditioning airport transfer atul delhi nathus
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel and unique rooms & decoration. Very friendly staff.
Further notice: we recommend our driver Jack, who picked us up from the airport and guided us through our whole North India Tour, Agrar, Jaipur and Pushkar and back to Delhi. He is a very professional and safe driver and never lost his way. Thank you for the great tour. We hope to see you again on our next tour.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
devna10, Owner at Devna, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Dear Guest

Thanks for your wonderful feedback. It feels great to read that you loved your stay. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest at Devna.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Devna

Reviewed December 22, 2017

I’m giving this 5 stars. If you want a posh fancy hotel then this is not for you. If you want a great location, lovely people running it and a quirky interior then this is for you. Large rooms, large comfy bed and little patio area. David knows everything you might need to know. Even gave us a free extra breakfast for a family member staying next door.
Short evening stroll to a super restaurant (Masala Lounge that has beer) safe and quiet neighbourhood. Reliable taxi rank outside. We walked to the zoo, old fort and Humayans tomb. Short rickshaw to Khan Market, which is expensive but has bars and restaurants . Overall a great stay on our first time in Delhi (Had an airport transfer organised for us too)

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
devna10, Owner at Devna, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for the wonderful review for Devna. I shall personally convey your words to the entire team. Your kind words of appreciation are a great source of encouragement for us.
We look forward to your next arrival in the near future at Devna.

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night in Devna. David was very kind and supportive organizing my stay.
This is a home of a family where a few rooms are rented out to guests. Location is very safe- we did walk around a bit during the night, easy to reach nice restaurant and market - as all of them are walking distance.
Very nice building, very clean, authentic interior, met with the owners as well- if you are aiming a luxury stay with good food in the hotel- this place is not for you. But if you want to feel safe and like the unique places and home feeling this is perfect for you. I enjoyed it, it perfectly met my expectations.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
devna10, Owner at Devna, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2017

Dear Guest

We are glad to know that we were successful in making you feel at home by staying with us. You were a wonderful guest and we look forward to welcome you back again soon at Devna !
Devna khanna

Reviewed November 21, 2017

It was the best experience I have had, especially it is in New Delhi where you might not expect to found a better place to stay than in London. The B&B was part of a private house, and there are 3 guest rooms, each of the room is very nice and decorated in quaint style. The house owner's family live in the same house but they are very nice, decent and quiet that you can hardly feel their existence :P but they would appear appropriately when you need some help. There was once the house owner's mother, who is such a kind lady, helped me to make my blouse prettier to suit my sari.

The reception staff, David, Nomish and Mornach (I hope I spelled his name right) are very very nice and helpful, I enjoyed chatting with them and can always get honest advice from them, and they have never asked for tips which greatly avoid the embarrassment for me who come from countries where tipping is not required.

The breakfast is simple and continental but the kitchen will also offer some traditional Indian food as you required, and you can also let the kitchen prepare traditional meal whenever you like as the cook work 24 hours in the house and the price is reasonable.

The house is located in a safe area nearby the Indian Gate, although it is in some distance to the closest metro station - Khan Market station, about 50 Rubi by tuk-tuk can cover this distance. However, there are taxi and tuk-tuk waiting around the corner at all time which make it much easier to travel around the city.

This is why I chose to stay in this homely place when I stopped by New Delhi again, even just for one night.

Room Tip: all rooms are nice
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
devna10, Owner at Devna, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Dear Guest
At the outset we thank you for staying with us and giving us such a lovely feedback in between your busy schedule. We are glad to hear your kind words of appreciation. Thanks for ranking Devna as the best. Its truly encouraging and motivating for our entire team.
We also look forward to your arrival in future also.

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Great place! Really nice artwork display around the property and very friendly staff and owner! David was really helpful, helping us out sorting our day trips out and taxis to the train station. The location is in a very nice clean and quite area of New Dehli. Would recommend this place to anyone! Thanks guys.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
devna10, Owner at Devna, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for reviewing and recommending Devna to the fellow readers. We are glad to know that you had a comfortable stay. I shall personally convey your comments to David and the entire team of Devna. I am sure it will be a great source of motivation for them.

We hope to welcome you back soon at Devna