See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 7, 2018

Beautiful room and the food was great in the restaurant, the waiting staff for dinner were very good but breakfast staff were not nearly as good. The comments regarding breakfast fiascos will be accurate. They also ran out of beer! There was a lovely India wedding whilst were were there for 2 days.

Whilst it is a very nice hotel it is in the middle of suburbia it wasn't quiet the right place booked by our travel organisers for a golden triangle tour.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Delhi is more expensive than the rest of India, so maybe for the price I was expecting more. The hotel was dirty. In the lobby, at reception. The table cloths in the breakfast room had stains that had been there for quite some time. I personally (though accidentally) left a dark glob of jelly stain on day 1 that was still there on morning 5. And the cloth wasn’t clean when I got there.

I guess it was the room. It was filthy. I am not a fussy person. I took a small wad of dampened toilet paper and ran it along a small section of floor. It came up black. The manager came in a few hours later and I asked him to come to my room. I did the toilet paper trick for him. He was very apologetic, and explained. That the cleaning crew must have missed it today. Explained a build-up like that would take WEEKS, even in Delhi. I have stayed in plenty of dirty hotel rooms in my day. This is the first time I was motivated to complain about it. I guess it was the price; I would been more tolerant of a cheaper room.

On the plus side, the staff was surprisingly helpful on many fronts. And quite pleasant, too. That’s always . And the location is ok. It’s not really close to the airport or museums, so in that sense it feels a bitty of way. But it is just a couple of blocks from the M Block market—dozens and dozens of shops and restaurants, and there is a lovely park about 3 blocks from the hotel in the opposite direction. And the AC and WiFi were both strong.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2018

The only good thing about this hotel is Location.
It is located walking distance from M block market.
Breakfast/Food have no choice and the preparation was also not good.
Very Shabby interiors, small rooms.
I have booked nearby hotel, but due to some problem in the booked hotel they have transferred here.
They need lots of improvement in terms of cleanliness, Food, Restaurant, entrance etc.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2017

Budgeted hotel with clean and neat bedding... ok services. Hotel is located walking distance from M block market and wonderful market to shop.. breakfast is ok. services are good staff is polite. have conference hall to arrange small business meetings.

Room Tip: second floor
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
AmaraHotelGk1, Manager at Amara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Amara Hotel, New Delh !!!!!!

Thank you for taking out time to share your wonderful, review for Hotel Amara, New Delhi. We are truly pleased to hear that you liked the service of the hotel. We have also shared your special appreciation with our team and they are also grateful for the same. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Hotel Amara...

HARIOM YADAV
AMARA HOTEL NEW DELHI

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Booked via OYO! As it was my first booking via OYO, was a bit anxious as I have read a few reviews online about mixups. And as I was traveling with my family had called up the hotel several times. The reception assured me each time. Once I reached the hotel everybody right from the security guard to the management staff were polite and hospitality was good. Rooms were neat and clean food was good. Enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Amara Hotel, New Delh !!!!!!

HARIOM YADAV