Ahtushi's Bed & Breakfast
Hotels.com
US$175
US$168
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$272
US$94
US$35
US$28
Agoda.com
Hotel Ajanta(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$21
US$32
US$26
US$82
US$63
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Our family, my husband and 2 kids, stayed at Ahtushi's BnB for 4 days. The area was residential and quiet and the Bnb rooms were large and comfortable with a Jack and Jill bathroom connecting the 2 rooms, perfect for a family with kids! Ahtushi helped us with sightseeing info, taxi and even train to Agra arrangements and was very warm and inviting. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again next time we're in Delhi.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2011

What a stellar place to enjoy Dehli! The best roof terrace in the city and spacious, clean rooms in a safe neighborhood. Ahtushi's beautiful photographs grace the walls and provide a spectacular backdrop for conversations and learning more about India's northern regions. On our arrival, Anu, the house help, set out beautiful bowls of water with rose petals and candles on the terrace, which was such a lovely and thoughtful surprise. Her chili cheese omelets are also amazing. Such a warm and welcoming family where I learned so much about authentic North Indian cuisine by dining on it. Ahtushi is a wonderful host and I highly recommend her establishment to anyone who is looking for a gracious, unpretentious, warmly authentic place to stay and to learn more about India.

PS. If you love four-legged companions, Bilbo the beagle is also a wonderful host who always greets you with a happy tail wag.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Ahtushi’s B&B in Delhi is the perfect place to stay! You get all of the benefits of living with an Indian family—great travel advice, interesting conversations, authentic Indian food—without having to sacrifice privacy or personal comfort. I stayed at Ahtushi’s for three months this summer (from June to August) while interning at a nearby office. I had my own, very large room, equipped with an air conditioner and a fan—very important if you’re in Delhi in the summer! I also had a television and countless books on the bookshelf to choose from. The bathrooms, one on each floor, were spacious and clean, and the common areas were comfortable and welcoming. There is also a laundry machine available. Anu, the house help, was always cheerful, helpful, and an overall pleasure to be around. She was also an amazing cook! The family usually comes together for meal times, though they are always very flexible if you need special arrangements. Ahtushi, her mother, and her daughter all have a variety of stories and advice to share, from Ahtushi’s latest trip (she’s a travel photographer) to her mother’s vast knowledge of India and North Indian culture. Both are always willing to help coordinate travel arrangements and point you in the direction of something to do on a Saturday afternoon. C4 is a quiet block in Vasant Kunj, a safe neighborhood on the whole. There is a FabIndia and a set of malls within walking distance, as well as some restaurants, and tourist sites are an auto (or cab) ride away. I cannot stress how happy I was to have somewhere I could really call home for those three months, somewhere that was stress and hassle free to cool off after a hot day in Delhi!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I spent three wonderful months at Ahtushi's B&B in Delhi this past summer. Although I was working as a student intern at a nearby organization in Delhi, I would wholeheartedly recommend Ahtushi's place for any kind of traveler. Vasant Kunj is a safe part of South Delhi, and C-4 is a particularly clean and quiet block. A very large, modern mall with lots of international brands and shops (and a movie theater) is only a five-minute walk or rickshaw ride away, and a FabIndia is also very close. At the B&B, my room was spacious and well-appointed, my bathroom was very clean, and the common spaces were very welcoming. After a three-month stay, the place really felt like a second home and Ahtushi, her daughter and her mother felt like a second family. Ahtushi was welcoming, always generous, and kind; Ahtushi's daughter was sweet; Ahtushi's mother was wise and engaging; and Anu, the house help, was efficient and always smiling. Anu cooked delicious breakfasts and dinners for me nearly every day of my stay, and Ahtushi was always willing to help me negotiate taxi pickups and share advice about places to visit not only in Delhi, but all over India. Ahtushi is a travel writer and photographer and has some very interesting stories to tell that make for great conversations over dinner! I feel lucky to have found such a wonderful place to call home during my three month stay in Delhi, and to have met such wonderful people along the way. I really hope to be back one day!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I recently spent four nights at Ahtushi's Bed and Breakfast when I was visiting my daughter in New Delhi. It was a great experience to stay with an Indian family as warm and hospitable as this one, and my accommodations were charming and comfortable. Ahtushi was so helpful in planning my daily sight-seeing trips and gave me some marvelous recommendations for restaurants and shopping. Although I never had a chance to have dinner at Ahtushi's, breakfast there was always lovely. I would definitely stay with Ahtushi again, and I enthusiastically give her B&B my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo