Firstly, the bad stuff.
Since the Eros was recently acquired by the Hilton group from the Intercontinental, some cross contamination of website links and phone numbers has occurred. Don't think that phoning the number on their website will get you to the Hilton, it will redirect you to the central booking office for Intercontinental. This caused me huge problems, and many misunderstandings. It was only after finding the landline for the Hilton in Delhi and calling the front desk to put me through to reservations that finally got me to the person who could go through the booking process.
They will tell you they'll send an email with confirmation, but this just doesn't ever happen. I rang twice to ask for this email and it never arrived, and yes I did check that they had it correct. I headed to Delhi (from Sydney) hoping for the best.
Business Centre: be careful if you send anything by email for printing. It may get lost or the person you sent it to disappears without telling anyone what they've done with your stuff. You could spend 20 mins trying to find out what happened and hopefully for you you're not waiting to catch a flight that morning.
And the good stuff:
Breakfast, breakfast and more wonderful breakfast choices. I've never seen a display quite like it. Full bank of Indian foods, traditional egg, bacon etc, on the other side of display, Japanese breakfast, lots of different muesli and fruits, mini danish pastries, fruit laden tables, about 12 different teas, lovely lovely lovely.
Beds: Really comfortable, soft yet supportive. Perfect, thank you Hilton for making this a priority.
Service: Excellent, cannot be faulted.
Decor: traditional and a little worn, but I quite like that old styling. Please, please don't get rid of the lovely old panelled lifts.
All in all, a really great place to stay in Delhi and I'd recommend it without reservation ('scuse the pun).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eros Hotel New Delhi Nehru Place is perfectly placed for both the business and leisure traveler, with a prime location at the center of the city's business and commercial districts. With over 100 international business houses located in the immediate vicinity, we offer our corporate guests the convenience of having most of your business needs at our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Agoda, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eros Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental New Delhi
- Hotel Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel New Delhi
- New Delhi Intercontinental
- Nehru Place Intercontinental
- InterContinental Nehru Place