“Superb Interiors”

Le Meridien New Delhi
Ranked #16 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This hotel is located in central Delhi near CP.One can take a auto rickshaw just outside the hotel to CP.It has really superb interiors,though the furniture could have been better.It has excellent views from the rooms.Buffet is superb and has a very wide variety.One turn off is that you can hear sounds of the doors and wardrobe from the next room in the night.AC was great too.

Room Tip: Take a room in the top floors to get a great view of the India Gate and surrounding areas specially...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,976)

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Le Meridian is a great hotel for transit, one night stays or for short stays. Its location is good very short distance from the Rashtrapati Bhavan. The other Government offices are just Rs100 away by AC taxi (but beware of the sweet talking taxi driver – with the anecdotal stories they tell ... will offset you Rs 100 extra, clarify if the story is included in the Taxi cost).

This hotel is good for Pilots, air-hostesses, businessmen and the like. The lobby is quite strikingly spectacular with a cut glass tower behind the main reception... making you wonder – if it falls it’s going to make a terrific smashing noise!
Smashing yes, the atrium is quite smashing specially in the evenings when it is lit up with all the tizzy lights, also making you wonder by its sheer volume that how much power is being consumed to keep it air-conditioned while rest of New Delhi is reeling under a heat wave! The swimming pool is miserably small for the size of the hotel but yes its accords spectacularly peaceful views of the surroundings while you are being watched from the backside by hundreds of guests from the rooms above you..

The shopping area on the 2nd floor is an absolute mess, with one lighted staircase forcing you to go around the shabby mess of shops. I feel the hotel can do without them.

Jokes apart but the service is fantastic. Being an SPG gold member I was offered a welcome drink and given many privileges including that of a room upgrade, an early check – in and a late check – out. Besides the fruit basket being replaced many number of times. The included breakfast was sumptuous with an array of choices from Indian dishes to whatever and the restaurants are great too. Being a hotel of the caliber that it is, I am giving full points to the service and the sweet smiling staff.

To sum all up- stay here to light a spark in your spine in the middle of the hot, dusty, hazy, smoggy capital that is New Delhi.

Room Tip: If you are an SPG Gold/Platinum member you get a room upgrade. Choose a room on the Southern side to...
4  Thank Harshawardhan
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My stay at Le-meridian ,Delhi was awesome ,but i may place my feed backs on reception service :

1) When i entered for room booking those people were very busy and told me to wait for a while and no one attend me for a long time.Hence i myself went for room booking to the counter as no body caring me and asked for my room.They charged my bill from my card and asked another Rs.5000 as security.I don't know is such a practice over there in hotel industry in India.

2) When i checked out i asked for my security amount and that person told me that there was no such transaction.As I failed to get a Transaction voucher from their side (I was in little bit hurry) I dont had a voice against it.Even i complaint with the Duty manager he told me to check with vedio of surveillance camera and they done it (they says like that !) in the absence of mine,they never shown the courteous to invite me to see the vedio to clarify my doubt.As my time was very short i could'nt argue with them for a justice.

3) Another incident: when i was at pool a hotel staff came to me and apologiesed me that they are going to clean the pool (The time was at 10.30 am),Hence i could spent only five minutes at the Pool.I don't think this a good practice as they can do it after or before the Pool time.

The property was great and I enjoyed the whole stay a lot,all the staffs including Duty manager was very friendly ,but i won't give this mark to people there at reception.

4  Thank Shihabmecheri
meenabhatia, Vice President at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us and our guests.

We are really sorry to learn about your experience at our Front desk and the Swimming pool

I would like to assure you that offering our best care and attention to all our guests,remains to be our topmost priority and we will continue our endevours to do so. Your concerns and feedback are critical and I assure you that it has our immediate attention. It will certainly help us to avoid any reoccurance of similar incidents, to you and our valued guests in future.

We are glad that you were pleased with the hotel and your stay experience other than this. We also thank you for your kind words of appreciation for our assosiates and the duty Manager.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel again in the near future , trust you will give us another oppurtunity to be of service to you.

Best Regards

Meena Bhatia
Vice President

Reviewed 21 May 2012

quite modern facilities,comfortable bed, very good location in New Delhi.
good breakfast.
very convinient for all business travelers.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank magda0307
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed at Le Meridien Delhi in late December / early January.

The hotel is located in the best part of the city. It is in the middle of the diplomatic/government quarter. The area is very green, safe, and quiet.

The hotel is trendy and the staff were attentive and helpful. My room was very modern, clean, and offered a view of India Gate. I got complementary access to the Club Lounge which offers free drinks and snacks during Happy Hour.

The breakfast was excellent and I really enjoyed it.

With regards to value, the hotel was expensive, but in general, all upmarket hotels in Delhi have similar rates.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Super-trendy design. Comfortable rooms with huge beds and sumptuous bathroom, but in places a little high-tech - there was a lighting board that would not have looked out of place in a theatre just to turn all the lights on and off, which was far too complicated when you're trying to turn things off late at night! Generally obliging staff, especially in the restaurant, and staff outside were happy to help me find a taxi on several occasions. Sadly as I was here on business I did not have time to check out the gym/pool, but the Indian restaurant on site (Monsoon) was great, with a range of interesting dishes. Location-wise fairly good as close to Connaught Place, though I discovered that nowhere is really "near" to anywhere in New Delhi! We only had one problem - when we arrived, our rooms had apparently been cancelled by someone we'd never heard of (not by us, and we had arranged the booking ourselves!) Although we were given our rooms anyway no apology was made, we had to hang around for a good ten minutes, and the implication was that this was somehow our fault - this was a bit stressful as we had only arrived that day.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

My work arrangement was to be in the renovated floors on the top, these people know how to do renovations. The rooms have a modern feel and a selection of lighting schemes to imitate day or night, and trust me, it helps you sleep days and wake up nights if you have to. Which I do.

The rooms were always spotless and the staff friendly and knew they were in the service and hospitality business and made sure I got everything I asked for.

Highly recommended!