Taj Mahal Hotel
US$184
US$122
US$84
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$273
US$160
US$35
US$28
US$91
US$82
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ajanta(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$26
US$31
US$26
US$83
US$65
2,287 results
All reviewsmansingh roadkhan marketindia gatechinese restaurantclub roomluxurious hotelbusiness tripcoffee shopwonderful hotelduty managerbuffet breakfastbusiness hotelcomfortable stayvarqmachanwasabidelhi
Reviewed February 28, 2012

There is no doubt that the Taj Brand reached a height of excellence with this property. The public halls are magnificent, the rooms spacious and inviting and the staff on their toes. This hotel ranks head and shoulders above others in Deli and should be on the top list of discerning travelers. As for food, the breakfast is beyond belief in its comprehensive possibilities and the restaurants personal. Do not be surprised if the chef comes to your table to receive specific comments and suggestions about his product.

Room Tip: Do not be afraid to request upgrade and be sure to joins Leading Hotels
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Just about to check out of this hotel and had a great stay. The service was excellent and the staff were very accommodating to our every need.The allowed me a late checkout. The rooms were very well cleaned and the room service staff even neatened up my clothes. Just two suggested improvements.

1. Ate at the coffee shop and room service. The food was acceptable but not as delicious and scrumptious as the Taj Vivanta Goa. Really missed the lamb burger we had there, and the kids were craving pizza.

2. I book the 2 bedroom suite. There is no privacy between the two rooms of the suite! I think this needs to be fixed, it would have been odd for my wife and I to sleep in this room knowing our teenager daughters can walk straight in at any time. You must point this out when people book this suite.

For the second alternative you did offer alternatives but as we were a large group it all worked out fine in the end.

Keep up your service levels, it was really a memorable stay

Room Tip: Well the only suggestion is to ask them to fix the mosquito replant when you check in. We stayed on the 10th floor. It is well worth taking the club rooms as they have a full spread almost through out the day on the 8th floor for the club rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2012

There isn’t much that can be said that is negative about this hotel. The rooms were great. The staff were all friendly. The breakfast was wonderful and we ate dinner a couple of times at the restaurant and it was also great. I can’t think of a better welcome to India. We arrive a couple of weeks before Republic Day and could hear the bands practising at the India Gates on the other side of the trees at the front of the hotel. It was lovely.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Spriglet
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have stayed this hotel more than 5 times. Over 4 years, most of staffs have not changed and they greeted by my name. Their memory is amazing. Especially, I was very impressed one of lift security man. He always remembers my floor and press very quickly.

Only down side of the hotel is breakfast. It is getting worse and worse. I believe the chef has changed. I could eat very little for breakfast. For Taj, they should really improve breakfast. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank churachura
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The Taj’s Delhi branch is typically elegant (typical for a Taj), and well located but it was not busy in November, and it was dead on the weekend. We had dinner in its Grill Room on a Saturday and we were the only customers there all night---which gets things off to a spooky start. The food was nicely presented and graciously served, but the Grill Room features supposedly “continental” cuisine, all of which comes with a touch of indian flavoring—which is fine if that’s how you like your French food. Probably better to avoid the Grill Room.
Concierge service was not satisfactory: The evening concierge assured me that the hotel’s representative would be first in line at the railroad ticket office on the morning of our departure to get two of the tickets that are held for day-of-journey sale to “last-minute” buyers, and that I could positively count on being on the right train. I should stop at the desk the next morning to pick up my tickets. He got a 1,000 rupee tip for his assurances—$20.00, the gross annual product for a smaller Indian village. The next morning there were no tickets waiting for us, and the day-time concierge had to make a couple of phone calls to be told (or so he reported): Their representative had gone to the station but there were no more tickets available. Maybe tomorrow?
The biggest reason, however, for the low rating that we are giving the Delhj Taj is:
We had made our reservation for three nights through the Taj’s reservation system and then we made a reservation for a fourth night through Expedia. In the cab from the airport to the Taj we decided to cancel the fourth night, and so advised the check-in man on arrival, but he said that reservations made through Expedia would have to be cancelled through it. I couldn’t seem to get through to Expedia by computer (Indian computers apparently don’t connect to Expedia’s US site, only to it’s Indian site), so I called Expedia long distance ($42 on our hotel bill) two days before our Expedia check-in, and was told that although I was indeed giving Expedia two days notice, I wasn’t giving notice of 48-hours-not-counting-day of-arrival required by the Taj’s cancellation policy, for which reason Expedia couldn’t refund the pre-paid $478 charge for the night unless authorized by the hotel to make the refund. For the balance of our stay the Taj gave me the runaround on the authorization, and thereafter it ignored two emails sent to the email address provided by the front desk, and the snail-mail letter that came after those.
They must really need the cash. The action in big-money hotel stays in Delhi has apparently moved elsewhere. Seems reasonable.

Room Tip: Call the Oberoi
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple