A colleague and I stayed at the Grand New Delhi due to flight schedules and needing a place to stay the night. Since it was a single night we decided to "splurge" and spend it in a 5 star hotel. The Grand New Delhi is visually a beautiful hotel -- a massive marble lobby, multiple restaurants, bars, and lots of staff to attend to your every need. I was particularly impressed with the Cascades Restaurant where my associate and I went to watch the first IPL Cricket playoff match. They had a big screen set up and appropriate IPL specials. The staff was quite good and helped us select some of the specials they had there (4 beers and 4 platters). The next morning the buffet there was also appropriately grand and had everything we could possibly want.
Several small things made the visit less than 5 stars (and before continuing these "nit picking" is only because clearly the hotel is attempting to be a luxury hotel). Upon arrival, the check-in process was rather fumbled by the staff. We had pre-booked through a travel website -- and even indicated our late arrival (9:30 p.m.). The staff member couldn't find my India visa and after (very slowly) paging through it I told him what page to find it on, but still not being able to find it I took it and opened it to the correct page. My colleague who was Nepalese was asked where his was (Nepalese don't need a visa). The other odd thing was he kept handing all the documents, paperwork to my colleague even though it was me who was handing everything to him (the clerk) including my credit card. Then in Cascades our beer and dishes were double billed. (Of course this can happen anywhere to anyone, but I just feel at such a place . . . . with a staff of many . . . that it shouldn't.) Then upon check-out when I marked that I'd not been pleased with the check-in process while we are waiting for our taxi outside the woman who'd just checked us out rushed out to query me about my rating. I found this mistimed, inappropriate and rather a rookie mistake that only compounded the earlier one.
So this review is NOT a review saying to avoid this hotel, just a small hiccup perhaps but I expected better (and have received better at the Leela just down the road).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of NCR, The Grand New Delhi is one of the city's most luxurious and finest five-star hotels. Well-equipped and luxurious with modern facilities and with its resort like feel having luscious greens, magnificent waterscapes, service par excellence, The Grand New Delhi, is the ideal home away from home for discerning business and leisure travelers. Delivering an extremely exclusive and personalized experience to each of its guests, it is the quintessential destination to relax, unwind and discover the city at your own pace. Ideally located, The Grand New Delhi, previously known as Grand Hyatt, is in close proximity to the best the city has to offer- luxury shopping malls such as DLF Emporio, DLF Promenade, Ambience mall; entertainment destinations, perfectly harmonizing city conveniences, diplomatic enclave, near the airport and elite corporate neighborhood, making it the preferred luxury five star hotel in New Delhi. Boasting 390 elegantly designed rooms & suites; 8 distinctive dining and nightlife destinations; the much acclaimed Spa Oasis and salon, state of the art fitness centre, outdoor Swimming pool; over 30,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces at your disposal, combined with our experience and expertise in organizing banquets, weddings, meetings, and events, The Grand New Delhi offers an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and Priceline so you can book your The Grand New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Grand New Delhi
- Hotel The Grand New Delhi
- The Grand Hotel New Delhi