“Disappointed”

Ranked #60 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Nagpur
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was in Delhi for business and booked a deluxe room in this hotel after seeing reviews on internet but I was thoroughly disappointed. The hotel front is quite good but the interior is not up to the mark. The room didn't have any window, there was glass window above the door through which the light came into the room during the night. I asked for a newspaper in the morning 4 times but I never got it. The room lighting was damp, the food quality is average. My trip was extended by a day and I checked into another hotel few blocks away and it was much better in every aspect. This hotel would have been a good hotel few years back but few new hotels are much better at this point in time.

Room Tip: Do not book room 215
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NavedAli
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,
We have so many satisfied repeat clients, however we regret you were disappointed and agree to refund one days room rent.
We take all reviews very seriously and try to improve our service.
The Hotel Ajanta Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
West Yorks, UK
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Although a bit too far north of Connaught Place for me, It's in Ram Nager, not Paharganj, I'd still shortlist this place for next time.

It's one of the few hotels I stopped in that had a little fridge in my room for keeping all the bottled water cold....It was stocked too! Cans of pop, crisps, biscuits - how nice was that. Even better at checkout, someone obviously went up to check my room and I expected to be billed with a list of stuff I'd helped myself too, nope no bill, I even admitted helping myself to some snacks but reception didn't fuss over it.

Another thing I like in hotels which this one catered for - a breakfast buffet room. Breakfast was included in the price (booked through Agoda ) I hate staying in places that only offer room service, I like to pay for my breakfast once, not once for breakfast, once for bell boy, once for second helping of breakfast etc.. Nice food too.

The bed was of a nice quality, a tough, possibly orphapedic mattress - which suited me fine :) Maybe some would complain though?

View from the room was poor, but I didn't care much about that anyway. Ditto restaurant view.

Only real negative was the hard sell at reception during signing in, 'Come into my office to finish the paperwork whilst I tempt you with some tours', the guy fumbled through Rough Guide, trying to find his own advert 'Look, I have Advert!' he bellowed, 'Look, I hate that guide book' I spat. I turned to the bell boy, the one who ushered me in here, the one who just kissed his 20 rupee tip bye bye and gave him the most fed up look I could muster. He muttered to the travel agent and I was outta there in a few seconds flat.

Bottom line is I would stay there again...They really do need to finish that WiFi room though (chuckle, chuckle)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank spud-UK
Dear Guest,
All your comments are noted and taken very seriously.
We assure you of a better service on your next visit.
Kathmandu
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My brother had booked a family since we were 3 adults and 2 children for 01 night stay on 1st April 2012. On arrival we were upgraded to presidential suite by a kind manager who saw we were extremely tired and seems they are gng pretty full. I must say for the price we paid (INR2800++ on room only basis) we had a wonderful stay. Very neat and clean property and the travel desk was very prompt as well in arranging a vehicle for us for the day in 1 hrs notice. Have never stayed in this area earlier but I would not mind coming back here! Its safe!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank VarshaKathmandu
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Guest,
It is a pleasure to read your review and see that you enjoyed the service and accommodation in Ajanta Hotel.
We will be very happy to have you stay with us again.
Our Best Regards,
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I'm a travel agent (Krrish Travels) from Mumbai and we keep sending our clients to this hotel. The feedback we have got from our esteemed clients is that its a very nice hotel, with nice rooms, good room service and very co-operative and helping staff. With same confidence we will continue doing business with this hotel for any of our future requirements.

Room Tip: Ask for their balcony rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Goldie D
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Guest,
It is a pleasure to have your guests stay with.
We assure you our service will continue to be as good for all guests you send us.
So glad you appreciate our hotel.
Thank you for your encouraging review.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 27 March 2012

A good budget hotel with decent facilities and staff......though they they did not get my request for 2 nights right but had to check out after the first night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Micheal53
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay with us.
We regret not receiving your request. Just for information when we received any such request, we always reconfirm the reservation.
Regards
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Even thou the area doesn't look like it at first, but It is a nice and clean hotel. Only the water in the bathroom doesn't get very hot.
The best thing is, that I forgot something in my room and after a few calls and emails, I'll get it back soon-they didn't stole it!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Traveller00007
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Guest,
We do agree that Delhi is a populated place as most cities in India are. Being central and near the railway station makes it busy.
We are glad you liked Hotel Ajanta. We are all glad to be of any help to all our guests. Yes, we will certainly identify your room number and make sure there is no problem with hot water in future.
Thank you for your visit.
George Town, Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. It is a perfect distance from the metro and right in the middle of a bustling market district.

The staff were most helpful and friendly. Rooms were spotless and very well furnished. The shower was large and bathroom all top quality.

Food was good and the kitchen staff were most accommodating.

The price was very cheap for what you got.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Sean H
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay and for your lovely, most encouraging comments about Ajanta Hotel.
We look forward to having you with us again.