See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 13, 2016

We were a party of 6 including 2 kids and stayed in 2 rooms.

What is good: Nice building, spacious rooms.

What is not so good: No hot water on the first night, but started working after 4 calls to housekeeping. Required multiple calls to get extra towels. Failed to get adjacent rooms despite booking several weeks in advance; the staff claimed that all rooms were taken, but we hardly saw any other guests. The air conditioning seemed decades old, and cooled only a quarter of the room. The hallways were sweltering, with only one out of four vents seeming to work. A hallway of that length needs at least a dozen vents. The WiFi was free but required a separate user ID and password for each device. The connection was very slow even at 3 in the morning. The staff said the room had 2 queen beds, but the beds turned out to be twin sized instead. We requested the concierge to arrange for a large taxi, but we ended up having to make the calls and find the taxis ourselves. The check-in process was tedious and bureaucratic. After this experience, we would never stay here or at any government affiliated hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
The_Janpath_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Janpath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2016

Greetings!!!
Thank you for investing your valuable time in sharing your stay experience with “The Janpath Hotel”. We express our gratefulness towards the same.

I’m deeply concerned with your feedback and apologies to have let you down in any of our services. We at “The Janpath Hotel” try our best to ensure our precious guests have a comfortable stay and a pleasant dining experience. Your detailed feedback related to AC, Maintenance & WIFI has been shared with our team and appropriate measures have been taken to ensure you with a wonderful stay experience on your next visit.

Reviewed June 21, 2016

Palace - Truly a great hotel. Huge proportions - massive halls, staircase, rooms. A reminder of by-gone era but here you can still live it and be treated to true luxury. Few hotels as impressive from an architectural point of view. Service was excellent, staff were extremely friendly and professional; nothing was an issue or problem ...what a relief to find an hotel where guests are still treated as guests.

Stayed: July 2015

Greetings!!!
We are delighted to know that overall you enjoyed our hospitality, food and overall services. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I have conveyed your compliments to the hotel team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests have a most enjoyable stay with us and I am glad that you have carried with you happy memories of your stay with us. Appreciation such as yours increases our motivation to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

We are grateful for your recommendation and do hope you will continue to provide us with more opportunities to be of service.

Reviewed June 20, 2016

Somewhat tired 4 star hotel - no longer 4 star

We were looking for a place to stay in Connaught place and picked Janpath based on its 4 star rating. Even before going there, I had some concerns about a place run by "ITDC, Govt of India undertaking" and I should have trusted my brains that anything run by a govt entity can be any good. It ended up being the worst hotel of our trip.

Before I describe other stuff, let me mention what I consider completely unacceptable. When we took the shower on the 1st day, the water was luke warm and the rain shower head must not have been cleaned in years. If I had to give an award for the "worst shower of my life", this shower would take that award. And I had to pacify my son that somehow manage with it and I was feeling really miserable that I put my family through such a bad shower. When we complained, they did clean the shower head up a bit and it was better but it was still unacceptable level of water flow. When I pay for a hotel room, good bed and reasonable shower are the minimum expectations. Besides bad shower, I think they turn off hot water at night. I let the sink tap run in the evening for almost 5 minutes and I did not get hot water in the sink to wash my face. Again completely unacceptable for a hotel with 4-star rating. Hence my rating for this place is 1-star - sub-standard.

When we checked in, the guys at the desk were wearing a jacket and you did get a warm personal feeling that you typically get when you talk to the staff at a high-end hotel. But then this guy was going through a pile of reservation papers to find our reservation. Really, in this day and age, people don't use computers for this stuff? Or use alphabetized index cards? And for the internet, he gives us 3 "vouchers" - each good for 24 hours. Each voucher had a non-memorizable userid and password and this stuff expired in 24 hours. And then you needed new ones. And by the way, even though they had a button to say, "remember my userid" when logging in, on my ipad it would not remember. So after I had logged and shredded my vouchers, I had to reconstruct them to re-enter my userid/password information. At all the other 6 hotels on my trip, all they needed was the room number and the last name.

We had asked for an extra bed. The guy brought it up as we were receiving our luggage. We suggested that may be the guy could come back in 5 minutes since we will be gone for dinner and then he would have the room to himself without people getting in the way. When we came back from dinner, there was no extra bed in the room and it had disappeared from the hallway too. Wow! Then we had to call again and it took another 40 minutes to get it setup.

While the hotel might have been good several years ago, now the rooms feel somewhat tired. While the floor material/tub material/sink/mirror frame material is all good stuff, it is all looking very tired - nobody seems to taken care to get them polished periodically to have the room have a "nice rich feel". I also think that the management of the hotel probably doesn't step out of their own hotel to look at the other high-end hotels and fix the deficiencies. I am attaching 3 photos from the place - notice the wiring on the hair dryer, phone instead of being attached to a wall plate had extra wiring and the dirty mirror frame. This is basic stuff - I am not a professional electrician but to me, this is all very shoddy work - not worthy of a 4-star hotel - fine for a do it on your own dharmshala. I suspect that the hotel continues to run since the government workers are probably forced to stay here. Also, see the attached picture of the bucket-mug from our room - I suppose that is the hotel solution to not having high quality shower heads!

Overall, I regretted staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank PrincipalMember

Greetings!!!

We are deeply disappointed in ourselves as a team, as we pride to be one of the most guest friendly hotels at your service. We apologize to have let you down in any of our services. Your detailed feedback has been shared with our Team and corrective actions have been taken to avoid such incidents in future.

We look forward to having you back soon and please feel free to contact us before your next visit so that we can take care of any special requirements that you may have.

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

This place is mostly used by government staff and is in serious need of upgrades. Average toiletries and not so comfortable beds. This place must have been better back in the day. The location is prime and if you need to stay at the city then not a bad choice.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Greetings!!!

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
We pride ourselves for the best service that we offer our guests and we seem to have missed that in your case. All our guests are important to us and I am sure we could have made your stay memorable with us.
Your detailed feedback has been noted and appropriate measures have been taken to ensure you with a wonderful stay experience during your next visit.

Hoping to serve you again during your next visit in the city to change your earlier impression of our hotel.

With Regards

Reviewed June 10, 2016

Since this was my first visit to India, I wasn’t sure what to expect. Our travel agency recommended this hotel, and generally speaking, it is a “OK” hotel. Its good location is the most important to me, making easy to go around new delhi, so I didn’t really mind how the hotel detail management on daily basis as we spent the whole days outside. I would recommend this hotel if you travel for business, but I would choose other hotels if I come for pleasure, especially if I come with family.

Security is very good. one thing can be improved in this hotel is breakfast menu, as it isn’t up to its stars.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Greetings!!!
We thank you for taking time out to provide your valuable feedback to us on this portal. Our efforts are always to ensure our guests are satisfied and our hotel is maintained to be comfortable while you are with us. It is nice to read that you liked the spacious rooms and the location. However, it is disappointing to know that you did not have an overall good experience at our hotel.
Your feedback has been taken into account and will be addressed to the management for review to ensure that similar situation can be avoided in the future.
We look forward of welcoming you back at The Janpath Hotel and better your stay experience the next time you visit.