“I wish to eat outside I reach here”
Review of Amar Jyoti

Amar Jyoti
Ranked #558 of 13,293 Restaurants in New Delhi
Neighbourhood: Sarojini Nagar
Neighbourhood: Sarojini Nagar
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I am so fond of Tawa Chicken of this place that every time I wish to eat outside I reach here. The place is serving Delicious Punjabi food since very long now and is always consistent with its taste. It's a family restaurant at economical pricing. A must visit when you are around

Reviewed March 19, 2018

I was in Sarojini for a shopping spree , and checked the Zomato app to explore food options. Amar Jyoti looked promising with the reviews and ratings .
This eatery has a nice clean ambiance and was totally packed when we entered. Took a little while to get the table but the order was taken quickly and served quickly as well. We ordered half a portion of Afghani chicken . It was nice creamy and delicious. Also ordered a non veg thali , it had a good variety , Mutton Keema , boneless Butter chicken dal Makhani , Raita , rice and naan paranthas . All of them delicious. Grabbed a paan and Kesar pista kulfi to end our meal. The paan kulfi is a must try.
This will always be a place to visit whenever I am in Sarojini.
Loved it .

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

winters are here and with my favourite ppl i visited this place with lots of expectations
We all were very excited as heard so many good things about this place and thn the Food came

WE ORDERED
TAWA MUTTON SEEKH **highly Recommended**
TAWA CHAAP
AND
TANDOORI CHICKEN
their food deserves a 5 for its uniqueness in vast variety

And Dnt forget to try their FLAVOURFUL COLOURFUL KULFI's ❤️

Staff - i still remember how humble they were and getting every dish on time and served hot

Happily recommend this place to Every Foodie

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Amar Jyoti since 1965,
This place is situated in the crowded market of Sarojni Nagar,
I went here with my mother for lunch.
The ambiance they have is much elegant as compared to the place.
Air condition works perfectly fine which is a big thing in summers,
Being situated in such a crowded market this place offers you peaceful dining,
I tried everything in veg and my experience was amazing.

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

From stylish clothes to designer footwear to fashionable jewellery and attractive bags, Sarojini Nagar never disappoints. And of course, the delectable food served here is a plus!

Nestled in the lanes of the busy market, this place is a definite stop to satiate your mid and post shopping hunger cravings.
Read on to know more...

Amar Jyoti very pleasantly brought my appreciation for comfort , North Indian food to a whole new level.
The brand is synonymous with good Punjabi fare specially their Non vegetarian delicacies.

Coming to the food, we tried-
Paneer tikka and malai soya chaap for vegetarian starters and Chicken malai tikka and tandoori chicken for non veg starters. Truly enjoyed with a glass of Thumbs up!
For main course we had dal makhani, butter chicken and egg curry with assorted breads.
Each and every dish was way beyond our expectations. A 50 + year old restaurant, they know their recipes just perfectly.
Not to miss, the onion and chutney served along is a class apart. They have a secret recipe they won't share.

Also, Try the kulfis to beat the scorching heat. I personally loved the paan kulfi.

With their warm interiors, relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff, this humble establishment will definitely see more visits from me.

I also happened to meet the owner of the place, Mr. Tanmeet Singh Arora who welcomed us with a big smile and made sure we had a great meal experience.

Still running to full tables and long standing queues every day, it's clear, great restaurants like Amar Jyoti only get better with time.

Meal for two- Rs 600