Hotel Swati
US$91
US$175
US$170
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$289
US$28
US$83
US$63
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthalikarol baghpure vegrestaurant food isstayed for nightsnice hotelquick servicelast monthvery comfortable staydecent staybusiness triproom servicebudget hotelgujaratmetrodelhideluxe
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed in Swati Hotel for one night. One of the best hotels that we have stayed in during our 11 days India trip last month. Swati hotel clearly has great staff, their service is excellent. They helped us a lot. The area is great. The hotel's restaurant only serves Vegetarian food which Is very tasty indeed. The room is really cozy. Bathroom is clean and hygienic. Definitely recommended !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We chose the Swati from the internet - reliable airport pickup (with A/C - important in April!), large room for the four of us, Karol Bargh market was fun to shop and not a touristy area. Loved the monkey temple close by. The restaurant downstairs was delicious and we had no problems here with the food - there are only a few selections of all you can eat thalis but the flavours are wonderful and all four of us at for 700-1000 rupees (£10-13). Loved the masala chai at breakfast, too. Seemed like most of the people in the hotel were South Asian travellers, who also seemed to be enjoying the restaurant. We had massages at the Manjishta Ayurvedic Spa down the street, who even came up with treatments for our kids. We were so happy to get back to the hotel each evening. Clean, cool, well-appointed and great service. Thanks, Swati!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jillinitaly
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We were met efficiently at the airport.
We had a suite, so had windows onto the street which was interesting to view. The bedroom and linen seemed clean, but the bathroom needed a deep clean, though sanitary ware etc seemed clean. A blanket that they brought us on request was a stained poor quality item. Reception staff were sometimes helpful, but didn't order us a taxi when they should have which caused problems. We didn't try the breakfast, but the Suruchi restaurant was an experience, with the waiters in traditional costumes filling up our thali trays with veggie curries, chutneys and lots of other things. A room service meal was OK and plentiful. We felt quite safe at the hotel, and the neighbourhood was colourful. Maybe a 15 minute walk to the Metro, which was quite easy to use.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Sueandallan27
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Hotel Swati does the job for the price. It's in a decent area, the room is sanitary, and the manager speaks good English. It's also good that there's a restaurant in the hotel; you'll be too exhausted at the end of a day to go out onto the streets of Delhi.

Only one problem. I was told that when I flew into Delhi that there would be a hotel driver with a placard at the airport. I arrived at the airport, and I did not see the driver. I had to take an airport taxi back to the hotel. I was told that the hotel driver was trying to call my mobile number and it didn't make sense for the following reasons: (1) I was told that he would be identifying himself with a placard, and (2) Why would I have my US mobile phone on upon my arrival to India? When I checked out, they still charged me for the hotel taxi. When I asked why they were charging me when he didn't make himself known, the manager said that I should have called the hotel when I didn't see him. Obviously, I did not have a foreign mobile phone upon my arrival at the airport, and it would not make sense to incur roaming charges on my US mobile phone. However, they did not charge me for early check-in and they cut the service charges, so I dropped the issue. I feel though that people should know about this before choosing this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank ninelives1982
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have been to Delhi recently for Auto Expo with my colleague. I have selected hotel swati in Karol Bagh (not swati deluxe, that is different, though management is same).
* Hotel Swati is probably good value for money
* Owned by a Tamilian living in Chennai.
* Hotel has one of the best restuarants as an annexe (Suruchi)
* Complimentary breakfast at Suruchi.
* South indian people would like to stay in Karol Bagh and to my knowledge, this is best place to choose.
* Service is excellent and no match to this , even 7 star hotels.

Room Tip: Good for South Indians
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business