All reviewssunder nagarupper middle classresidential colonyroom servicekhan marketservice qualitylcd tvother hotelsboutique hotelshort staydecent hotelclean hotelbreakfast spreadcentral locationcourteous staffdelhiauto
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The hotel is very clean and elegant and at the same time, the rooms feel cozy. Service is good. Interiors of the hotel are quite pleasing. Very close to Metro station and easy access for other modes of transport. The hotel is situated in the main city the moment you pass the main entrance, you are completely shut-off from the noise and commotion. Food is reasonably OK. All in all a good experience and love to stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jean d
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I had travelled to New Delhi from March 29- April 5 / 2012. Now, this hotel was hard to find via prepaid taxi. It costs me 350 INRs for one person ($8.00 dollars) we searched stopped and asked several drivers for this hotel and location. It added an additional 30 mins to my drive since he was not sure of the exact location. I gave the driver the hotel.com map and numbers but he still could not navigate us to the hotel directly. I was helped into the hotel by staff and security guard. Te neighborhood is a very suburban middle to upper class area. The hotel does have other boutique types around the corner from it. The gated area has a small snack/eateries/shopping around the corner and 1.5 blocks away.
The reviews mention some negatives however, the service was great. The front desk offered good advice, calm and timely. I had my dry cleaning done there and was returned the AM next day without a problem (rates way cheaper to have my clothes cleaned there than at home). The room I had was 303. It was a double bed and bathroom. It was presented well. The hotel does have some age to it. The building is not brand new but kept well. The bathroom was a tad more outdates and could use a facelift. It was no way near dilapidated but older “”fashioned”” or outdated. This reminds me more of a cottage setting in terms of expectations. The one thing that no other hotel could grant me is the peaceful walk and chats outside the hotel and neighborhood. I went shopping to Connaught place and was bothered nonstop for the entire time I was down there. I had NO PEACE!!! I really ended up liking my hotel much more for I was protected from that. The hotels in the Connaught place cannot grant you that for they are not gated.
The AM breakfast was ok, it was not fantastic but it served all my needs in terms of fruit, eggs, breads and social chatter and peace of mind. The hotel has a laptop in the lobby with internet plus they offer free Wi-Fi for those who had their IT devices which was a nice touch. The service team were respectful and answered to your needs as much as possible.

Overall the hotel is not the four seasons but if you have kids etc. this hotel is best suited for your family. Visit the eateries around the corner till late it is very very safe.
Oh, I visited Jaipur and Taj Mahal ask the head Taxi service boss named “”Gheet””. He arranged all the tours at better prices than the front desk.I save lots of INRs. The front desk connections charged us 7000INrs but Gheet was 4500INRs. Gheet’s father worked that same area for 30 years before he died. Gheet has now taken over from his dad’s route and area. He is honest and ""fair pricing.""" Ask the taxi guys around the corner for him. He never goes home…lol.

Room Tip: A calm and peaceful place for a family - moreso.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank 24Karats
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I had to stay in Delhi during my recent trip. Though studied in Delhi during the 80's was confused where to stay and landed at Hotel Shervani, A very caring staff and made my stay comfortable and unassuming and guided me through the day. It is very closeby to the business district and various ministries and the evenings are very pleasant with a roof top swimming pool with barbeque hand in hand with your drink and food at a affordable price. Dont miss this hotel when in delhi for its price

Room Tip: all room open outside view i suppose...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Rama Rao N
Shervani H, Manager at Shervani New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Respected Guest,

Greetings from Shervani New Delhil.
Thanks for your wonderful review on trip advisor.
Looking forward to host you soon .

Thanks & Regards

Management,
Shervani Hospitalities Ltd

Reviewed March 1, 2012

The Shervani New Delhi and Shervani Nehru are owned by the same owner and we got pushed between the 2 hotels at 10pm and i was with my family and a baby. We get to this hotel finally who said that they had problems with the bookings and put us up here but we booked for a club floor with cocktails in the evening. There is NO club floor in this hotel and there are NO Cocktails in the evening. For the price we pay it is an extremely small hotel with an extremely small room and an extremely small coffee house. We checked out the next day and looked for another place to stay. All in all we hate to be lied to and cheated. Will never recommend this hotel to anyone. It will spoil your holiday.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank shasha_arsheela
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Unfortunately most of the negative reviews are correct. I really dont like writing negatively about service providers, however in this case I think people should be warned. We (2 friends), booked prepaid our rooms using their website and agoda. We reconfirmed our bookings with emails, phone calls and booking a taxi (as we were arriving at 2:15 in the morning). We also had a family friend reconfirm. We got to the aiport 2:15 am after a 20 hour flight - no taxi. Got to the hotel - no rooms for either of us. They knew we were coming in at 2:15 am as I told them, yet our rooms had been double booked. Umm... not so pleasant at 3am in the morning for two laidies. They had one premier room for us which we had too share (only room left in the hotel). I had booked and paid for a suite. I asked them the next day for a suite room (which I had paid for), firstly I was told I was in a suite room, then I showed the photographs of what it should look like. She told me I was lying about bookng a suite. I brought all my documentation down (incl credit card statements) to prove what I had paid for. No apology but eventually moved me. My friend paid through agoda (with all documentation), and they said they had not received the money and would not refund her the night (first night she did not get a room). What a nightmare to start a holiday. Bottom line is they double book, there is nothing more we could have done. If you are arriving late - avoid this place. Dont prepay using a booking engine - they will deny you have paid. At no time did the manager ever come and speak to us. I did tell them I would put this on trip advisor and google.
Other things
- cleanliness is not good especially bathrooms, need to be recleaned before use.
- breakfast okay but slow
- location is okay
- suite room was actually quite pleasant
- they do start charging for extra things - that you had aldreadybooked and paid for on the their website. Take all your documentation for proof! If they got a new ethical manager, who was proactive, the hotel would be okay.
This is the only time this happend to us on our trip in India and was the only bad experience we had. The rest of the trip was great. On my way back I stayed at Mantras Amaltas which was, much more pleasant - and they had my booking and room!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends